Do you have a water meter?

Lou

Reaction score
We pay Sutton and East Surrey Water and Thames Water for water supplies. Last week I had my new bill through from Sutton and East Surrey Water and we are now paying nearly £30 a month :shock: I rang them and they said it is based on property type and assured me that all my neighbours are paying the same. It seem's alot to me so do you think we should get a water meter and would that mean we only pay for what we use? :think: Where do they put the meter and how do they work? :think:

Help please :?

we have a meter- its downstairs in a cupboard. we pay £14 a month. My aunt who lives in norfolk has to pay double- because although she gets her water from Thames, her sewage is dealt with by Essex and Suffolk. How many people live in your house?

I have meter its under my kitchen sink. It works in the same way as the gas/electric ones. You give them the meter reading and they send you a bill based on that. If your good with the amount of water you use it should work out cheaper. Water companys can switch you to meter but will make alot of excuses not to.

Theres only me Jed and Isaac. So who do I get the meter from ? which supplier ? waste water or drinking water? Its confusing :think:

you should only have one supplier- I don't think its normal to have two... :?

ah, then i guess you just have to pay both. my aunt was complaining the other day but there's not much she can do about it. :x

Well we do it differently up here... our water and sewerage is collected with our council tax and then the council split it up to the right people.

We got our new yearly rates letter in the other day and ours is as follows

Domestic Water Charge £158.40 for the year, Sewerage is £178.96 for the year, which makes £337.36, works out at £28.12 a month

So not far off your £30!

Thanks for that. At least now I know we are all getting ripped off :roll: Its so expensive isn't it!?!

Lou, I come under the same Borough as you and I have just raked through all my bills to try to find some numbers for you! I can't find any bills...bizarre.

I believe that we pay one bill for Thames Water and another for Surrey and East Surrey Water* I can't remember until I find bills!

I have the phone number for Thames Water though...it's safe to post it here isn't it? :think:

0800 920 0800

*just edited the name as this one rings a bell! :think:

I had a letter last week saying ours was going up to £33 a month, its a rip off!! :twisted:

Cheers matey. I wonder who would supply the meter? I'll ring later and find out then post what I find.

Cool, good luck, yep, let us know what they say :)

We have a water meter and the bill had gone up from £22 quid a month to £42 a month :shock: There are only 3 of us in the house we only have a shower (no bath) and I can't see why it should have increased that much.

I'm going to ring them and complain

I havea water meter. Was already in the house when we moved in. House is only 10 years old so dont no if it was installed as a meter, But we had our meter read last week and now have a revised bill through, We were paying £32 a month for two people living in a 3 bed house, Now the bill monthly is going to be £21, Nice little change there.

X

1sttimemum said:
I havea water meter. Was already in the house when we moved in. House is only 10 years old so dont no if it was installed as a meter, But we had our meter read last week and now have a revised bill through, We were paying £32 a month for two people living in a 3 bed house, Now the bill monthly is going to be £21, Nice little change there.

X

Result :wink:

:shock: WOW it is mega expensive!!!

I've always lived in houses that have free water thank god :cheer:

Parents have a well, 1st house had spring water pumped up and this house has a bore hole.

I shall never move, how are we ment to manage all these bills?!?!?!?! (especially on stat mat pay)

We have a meter & pay £40 per month to Thames water, that's with 5 of us. Personally I think that is quite expensive as I used to pay £190 per year to Severn Trent before I moved here!

ours is to united utilities, in the tameside area of manchester :? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back