boycotting wetherspoons

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
ok so yesterday afternoon i organised a lil meal wiv my dad, step sis n OH. mainly for my dad n step sis cos he's seperated from his wife now and doesnt get to see her much.

Had a really nice evening with OH watched the xmas lights get switched on in town they're soo pretty, then we all met up in wetherspoons for a meal at about 7.15

Me n Step sis sat at the tabel whilst the meal was ordered and this spotty geeky, brace wearing waiter came over and asked us for ID! i didnt have mine on me as it was only 7pm and step sis is 17 anyway.

anyway we had to leave! i said we'd ordered a meal, he said we'd have to get it refunded, i was fuming cos it was b4 9pm. so went to the bar to tell OH n my Dad (luckily they hadnt ordered a meal or bought any drinks yet) and then my dad was slightly p*ssed off too so he went to get the manager,

while he did that me, OH n step sis sat at the table...this waiter guy comes over AGAIN and says with a really rude attitude "look im not joking guys you've got to go" we told him we were waiting for the manager and he said "ok thats fine but she'll tell you exactly what i've told you" it wasnt so much what he say but the tone he said it in, he was so rude!!! im still fuming about it this morning! what makes it worse is that he looked younger than me! aaand i was sat there with a bump and blatently wasnt gona drink any alcohol, what an ass :x :x :x

ok.. rant over

I thought you could go into Weatherspoons to eat regardless of your age, you just couldn't have alcohol or go to the bar... ?? Or has that all changed now :think:

thats a bit weird, im 100% sure u can go in there and eat, weather you under 18 or not. we was all in there not long ago for a friends birthday and there was quiet a few people who were obviously not 18 and nothing was said :shock:

I don't understand how they could ask you to leave :?

Minors are allowed in pubs full stop if accompanied by adults.

they are licsenced for families but in my local one they stop letting children and people underage in after a certain time but i thought it was 9pm not 7pm. even if that is so there is no need to be rude to people tho.

xxxxx

how odd, i'd be mad too! I read in the news the other day a 40 something lady got asked for ID!

I get p*ssed off as i have to carry ID still just in case but when i was underaged i was never asked for it. The older i get the more i get asked. I take it as a complament that i'm aging so well but i think they have just got tighter on ID :rotfl:

Hope you got a nice meal in the end :D

Write and complain about his attitude.

What did the manager say?

it's 7... we found out. me and nat cant go for a meal with a pram after 7 :(

"ok thats fine but she'll tell you exactly what i've told you"

Whenever ANYONE says that just say ok fine ill hear it from them then because 9 times out of ten the manager will say that but will understand your pov better and you will get what you want.

Girl you shouod of refused to go they can't stop serving you food its not got alchohol in it !

xxx

I would suggest writing a letter of complaint, also tell the your pregnant and you should not of had to of gone elsewhere with any luck you'll get some vouchers :)
xx

my sister was in our local wetherspoons and ordered a coke at the bar and got asked for id, she was like im asking for a coke for goodness sake!!! and they all got kicked out for not having id!!!! its ridiculous!!!!!

its probably because theyll make more money if your drinking alcohol, but its wrong anyway. Surely you dont have to be 18 to eat??!!??! :rotfl:

They don't play music anyway so F**k em! Take your custom somewhere else the picky buggers.

Lou :)

A little while ago me, OH and Jake went out with our friends and their little boy. We got to Weatherspoons at about 6.30pm and ordered our food and drinks. They bought the drinks out to us and then about 10 minutes later a waiter came and told us that we wern't aloud in there after 7pm because of the LO's. We knew we wouldn't get the food and beable to eat it by that time so the waiter refunded our money and basically kicked us out. I was told that it does say this on the door but I looked and it is in tiny writing that nobody would see unless they were actually looking for it.
Anyway we decided to go to Pizza Hut in the end and that was fine. I could understand if it was no children after 8-9pm but 7pm is rediculous.

weatherspoons are crap. On my 21st birthday I went to my local spoons for lunch. I ordered a coke to have with my eats and they asked me for ID at the bar - I had a massive '21 TODAY' badge on :shock: As I didnt have any ID they told me I could have my coke but Id have to sit in the childrens area :rotfl: I left. I wouldnt have minded usually as I always get asked for ID - even for cigs when you had to be 16 and I was 25 but considering I was wearing a badge celebrating my b'day and have drunk in there for ages it annoyed me. I havent been there since really, I hjate the no music policy and all you can hear at nighttimes is this drone of pissed peoples voices!

not had problems yet but then im in and out before 7pm. when i was pregnant tho i had a table booked but cause it was just me i couldnt get it cause some bloke sat at the table and wouldnt move his fat arse. so i told them and he said for me to sit near the bar but at teh time before smoking ban it was in the smokers area. thats when i said im so many weeks pregnant and he shoved me somewhere else where he could see there werent no-one sat there. i eat a bowl of chips well they were cheesy chips ans no probs. was feeding emily too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back