Grandparents names?

kedi376

Reaction score
What do your children call their grandparents?

Do you let the grandparents decide their own names?

What if they want the same name is that ok?

My children call my parents nana and grandad and my in laws are grandma and grandad. There's never been an issue with getting confused with which grandad is being spoken about.

Both my mum and mil want to be known as Nanny. As a child though I made my own nicknames and had a big and little nanny so no doubt our LO will do something similar

My Mum will be Nan / Nanny and OH's Mum will be Gran / Granny. Both our Dad's will be Grandad

This is what their other grankids call them!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
My mum is nanny whilst Ella is young but will be nan when she gets to about 6/7 x

My parents will be nana and granda.
DH's parents will be nanny and (God spare's him - fx) grandad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My parents are bubbe (mum) and zayde (dad) (Yiddish terms) and dh's parents are grandma and pops!

My parents are Grandma and Grandad and DH's parents are Granny and Grandpa x

My parents are granny and papa and oh's are nonna and nonno xx

Sent from my GT-I9100

My Mum and her partner will be Grandma and Grandad, OHs will be Granny and Granda (Mainly because I'm english and thats what i used and hes Irish and thats what they use over here :) )

I used to call both sets of grandparents nanny and grandad and just used their surname if anyone asked which nanny and grandad x

For me, my mums parents were Nanny/Nan and Grampy and my dads parents were Gran and Grandad. My gran is my only grandparent left, so she will still be Gran. My dad will be Grandad (he doesn't have a partner) and my mum will be Nanny. She's got a partner but me and him don't get on, at all, so he'll just be Jason to LD x

my parents will be giagia and papous (in greek language) and my oh parents will be i don't actually know yet either how in canada call the grandparents or how in norwegian call them. probably though sth like grandma and grandpa, no idea if granny, nanny, nana etc are use in canada but we will see.

so confused our lo will be trapped in between 3 languages :( actually i may start a thread about that on girls room i think.

I'm concerned about languages too tbh. I speak English, obvs, but I live in north Wales so there's Welsh up here, and as soon as I can I'd like to move you Spain and teach English over there. So LD will have like three different languages on the go x

My parents will be Nanny and Grandad and my OH's parents will be Nanny and Grampy. I also have my 2 nan's who will be Nana and Gran-Nan (my sisters kids already use these names) not sure what my OH's grandparents will be called xxx

I'm concerned about languages too tbh. I speak English, obvs, but I live in north Wales so there's Welsh up here, and as soon as I can I'd like to move you Spain and teach English over there. So LD will have like three different languages on the go x

I have the same issue, I'm English, OH is Turkish. So our baby will have to speak both languages. It's not gonna be easy but I'd like to think if we did a good job of it our baby could be fluent in both languages at some point.

I have the same issue, I'm English, OH is Turkish. So our baby will have to speak both languages. It's not gonna be easy but I'd like to think if we did a good job of it our baby could be fluent in both languages at some point.

There's a really good thread in the girlies room about it

Thanks hun, that's really useful x

Thanks hun, that's really useful x

Np hun x

my mum will be nanny tetty, all kids have called her tetty as they can never say stephanie ( i even call her tetty ann ) and I have nana ( she will NOT let me call her granny its too old apparently ) and grandad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back