Grandparents names?

Both my mum and dad and oh's mum and dad will be called granny and granda. Its what both me and oh call ours so lo will call theirs the same :) my nephew calls both sides granny and granda too and he never has any confusion who we mean when we are talking to him about them xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My parents will be Granny & Grandad and OH's will be Nana. She wants to be called Nannan but I think that sounds stupid so she'll be Nana whether she likes it or not.

My mum and stepdad are Nanny and Grandad. OHs mum is Nanna, OHs Dad and stepmum are Grandad and Grandma.

We let them all decide, well kind of. My mum and OHs mum were already grandparents and so our LO calls them what the other grandchildren already call them, and OHs stepmum, although already has step-grandchildren is only ever referred to as her name, but we see her as our LOs family so asked whether she would like to be called Nan or Nanna etc and she chose Grandma!

My parents will be Granny & Grandad and OH's will be Nana. She wants to be called Nannan but I think that sounds stupid so she'll be Nana whether she likes it or not.

I used to call my Mum's mum Nannan. It does sound a bit weird but I never noticed as a kid, she died when I was 8. That's what my mum wants to be called now.

My mum will be Nanny - as thats what my neice calls her

DH's mum will be Gran/Granny

My mum always wants to be referred to as 'Nannan'. She says anything else makes her feel old! (she's only 50!)

So Nannan it is :)

I think we will give them the basic idea - Nanny, Grandad etc. (My dad will probably Be Grumpy Gramps as was his father to me)

However I was discussing this with my mum and she said if there are duplicates (two nannies etc) the kids usually are the ones who figure out the nickname, for example my cousins called one of their Grandads "Grandad Screwdriver" and his wife became "Nanny screwdriver" simply because he had a lot of tools.

My mum jokes she will become Fat Nan as my OHs mother is tiny tiny and my mum is a bit of a foody!

my Dad will be Grandad Clark, my mum will be nanny Jo stepdad wants to be called grandaddy and My OH parents will be GOD KNOWS!!! lol

My Mum and Dad will be Nanna and Grandpops.
My Parents in Law already have a Grandson and are already Nan and Pops, so we will stick with that (Even though I call my own Dad pops, so hope it doesn't get too confusing)

Well Ollie has My grandparents, my mum and dad, OH mum and step dad and dad and step mum so we have

Great nanny and grandad
Big great grandad
Nanny and grandad
Nanny and grandad dogs
Grandad and Lorraine

My mums nannan or nanny and my dads grandad or grandadadaddy as maisie calls him or just daddy he's the only male role model in her life :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

My 3 sons (15, 14 and 10) call my mum and dad Grandma and Gramps and my oldest 2 sons call my ex-inlaws Derd and Sir (dont ask me why) and my youngest son calls then them Nanny and Grandad.
My OH's mum is Nanny and thats what our baby (when we have one) will be called.

My mum & dad are granny & grandad and OH's patents are nanny & grandad. No choice really my mum is already a granny and OH's mum would've been granny smith had it been granny :) lol
It would surprise me if they both ended up as granny as me & oh get confused. I call them both granny (both mine were) and he calls them both nanny lol

My mum will be granny, dad will be grandad and MIL nana. They all decided this themselves lol!

Both sets are called Nanny & Grandad at the moment but when Jack understands mine will be Nanny & Grandad Mc (McLachlan is a bit of a tongue twister lol) and OH's will be Nanny & Grandad Davis :) x

Its gonna be so confusing, if I was to include everybody, there would be:

My side:
-My mum and dad (Granny & Grandad)
-My mums adoptive mum (my Grandma Barlow)
-My mums biological parents (i think have passed away)
-My dads parents passed away
-My great grandparents who passed away this and last year (Grandma & Grandpa Fielding)
-My Nana who sadly passed away (Dads grandma)

OHs side:
-MIL (Nana)
-FIL passed away 2 years ago (Grandad Dave)
-Biological father (Romany Gypsy)
-OH Nana & Grandad
-Biological grandparents on fathers side (Romany Gypsies)

Even though some have passed away and others we dont see for different reasons, they will all need names as I want my baby to know where they came from and their heritage. They will have English, Scottish, Irish and Romany blood in them. Our little Gypsy Baby :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back