got to go for another scan on Fri!!!!!! **UPDATED**

Sorry posted twice please read the post below

Well what a bloody waste of time that was!!!!

I went to the hospital today

I saw a registrar who didn't seem to know what she was doing and who told me that women have big babies all the time. She said there was no point in sending me for a scan as although she knew it was a big baby there was nothing she could do about it.. She even said to me " what would you like me to do when the scan says it is big? Its not like we can shrink them!" :shock:

She then went on to tell me that bigger people tend to have bigger babies! In other words you are fat and you will have a fat baby!!! I have only put on 9lb for the whole pregnancy and I am normally a size 20! The look on my face must have told her that I was ready to punch her lights out becasue she then started back peddaling saying the size of babies has nothing to do with maternal weight...... :think:

So there I was sitting on the bed trying not to cry feeling humiliated when she said oh and your blood results are a little off.... your Liver function tests show abnormalities we need to get you in next friday and if they are the same we will induce you!!!!!!!! This was as a passing comment! No further explanation!!!!!

Argh I hate hospitals and I hate the NHS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

So basically the Dr would not let me go for a scan as there was "no point" Yes I am having a big baby but "they can't shrink it!" and they won't know if it will get stuck until I start pushing..... and my LFT's are up the swanny so I have to get them redone on Monday to see the consultant again on Friday ??? to be induced if they are still raised!

OH and I have a urgent physio appointment that I have been waiting for since I was 24 weeks...... it is on my due date 22nd December! :shock: :evil: :think:

What a bloody cow! You did well nmot to hit her is all i can say Lyndsey!

Hope everything gets sorted out hun :hug:

Oh my god what a bitch! I dont think id have been able to bite my tongue at that! Ur so strong! I hope ur levels go down so u dont have to be induced! :hug:
Noone should be spoken to like that hun, u should have complained to her superiors :evil: How mean!
If she's around when ur in labour, she'd better watch out!! :lol:

oh my god hun u should have sed something how dare she speak to u like that :twisted: :twisted:

Lyndsey said:

I saw a registrar who didn't seem to know what she was doing and who told me that women have big babies all the time. She said there was no point in sending me for a scan as although she knew it was a big baby there was nothing she could do about it.. She even said to me " what would you like me to do when the scan says it is big? Its not like we can shrink them!" :shock:

She then went on to tell me that bigger people tend to have bigger babies! In other words you are fat and you will have a fat baby!!! I have only put on 9lb for the whole pregnancy and I am normally a size 20! The look on my face must have told her that I was ready to punch her lights out becasue she then started back peddaling saying the size of babies has nothing to do with maternal weight...... :think:

So there I was sitting on the bed trying not to cry feeling humiliated when she said oh and your blood results are a little off.... your Liver function tests show abnormalities we need to get you in next friday and if they are the same we will induce you!!!!!!!! This was as a passing comment! No further explanation!!!!!

So basically the Dr would not let me go for a scan as there was "no point" Yes I am having a big baby but "they can't shrink it!" and they won't know if it will get stuck until I start pushing..... and my LFT's are up the swanny so I have to get them redone on Monday to see the consultant again on Friday ??? to be induced if they are still raised!

OH and I have a urgent physio appointment that I have been waiting for since I was 24 weeks...... it is on my due date 22nd December! :shock: :evil: :think:

with an attitude like that id put a complaint in about the way she spoke to you, its ridiculous that staff seem to think its appropriate to speak to patients in that manner

sounds like your having a right shit time, hope you get it sorted

I am really dissapointed at the way I have been treated but don't know where to start to complain!

I have been signed off sick from work with pelvic pain since 28 weeks and the only physio appointment I am going to have is on my due date! I mean whats that all about???????????

As for the stupid registrar.... well she was just rude!!!!!!!!!!

I have calmed down a bit now - hubby even commented on the way home yesterday that if we do this again he will pay for a private midwife so we can have a home birth!!!!!!!!!! "DO THIS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be joking! lol

Lyndsey said:

That is absolutly disgusting Lyndsey, and im sorry but I would of made a complaint there and then about the treatment she gave you, in no way was that acceptable!

As for telling you they will induce you, they have not right to tell you, only advise on what they think may be best, and if not at least explain the bloody reasons why!

This is just disgrassfull! I would make a complaint :shakehead:

To make a complaint, you will need to talk to your midwife first, who can then give you the relevent information and contact details.

If shes not helpfull I would talk to your GP and get contact details of them.

i had pretty much the same hun i am a size 20/22 and i had comments all through my pregnancy and baby was always measuring up to 10 weeks in front, i was sent for a scan at 35 weeks to check growth and they would not give me one got told pretty much same as u, but i ended up getting kept in because i had signs of pre eclamcia when the did my blood pressure and urine checks.
i was in 2 days when they decided to start me off at 35+6 and hannah was born weighing 10lb 4oz

What a frickin nightmare Lyndsey..how blimmin rude of them!!

Im glad you have calmed down now but I think I would have reacted just the same, speaking/treating you like that was well out of order.

I hope you get it all sorted soon so you can enjoy these last few weeks, its enough to put you off pregnancy for life! :hug:

god how rude can't believe you were treated like this lyndsey. :shock:

Why do these people go into the caring profession i will never know it really baffles me!! :shakehead:

rusks said:
god how rude can't believe you were treated like this lyndsey. :shock:

Why do these people go into the caring profession i will never know it really baffles me!! :shakehead:

I agree Rusks, I always thought the NHS were ok, I havent had any major probs myself but some of the experiences the girls have been having appauls me and makes me doubt it alot!!

was the woman a small asian woman named dr sing? this is who i saw, and she basically told me baby was a good size but I was okay to deliver normally, she also kept mentioning ''there's alot of fat there too''...um no love, that is from where my belly has stretched and baby has moved position so my belly was sort of wobbly in 1 place...I just wanna go back up there and say ''HERE'S MY 11LB2OZ WORTH OF FAT YOU DAFT COW, OK TO DELIVER NORMALLY? YOU TRY PUSING SOMETHING THIS SIZE OUT OF YOUR LADY BITS YOU ARSE'' :evil:

I told you they were crap Lyndsey, sorry you had to go through that for nothing. The cheek of people...since me having my baby there they should double check women who are having large babies...I was lucky to deliver Aaliyah normally...saying normal, 30 hours, having to be cut and a suction cup isnt normal, but I had to go through it when I shouldn't have! But Aaliyah's heart did drop twice during pushing and dr's and nurses and midwifes and so on had to be rushed in, alarms blaring :shock: I'm just glad she's okay now!

I don't think they know how wrong they can be! Have a word with Pat and mention it to her, she wont be happy that she's sent u and they turned you away basically!

:hug:

Thanx Jade and yes it was Dr Sing!

I too have the wobbly bit you mentioned and my belly is so stretched it burns sometimes!!!

I am dreading telling Pat as I am sure she won't be happy she was 100% right with you and she told me she felt like she had egg on her face when you came back from the scan..... but she would rather send you and feel silly than not to and then you have problems. Having said that it doesn't seem like the scan people know what they are doing anyway!

I am having another blood test today and I have to go back to the hospital on Friday so we will see what happens....

Well just got back from midwife who is going to complain to their head midwife as well as she thinks this is shocking too!!!!!

My blood test was done and they are checking me for OC.... aparently the results that I have had back are borderline... consultant wants to see me on Friday but the sister at the hospital has told me to ring up tomorow and get the results becasue if they are higher I will need an appointment sooner than fri to discuss induction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh its all go for you Lyndsey. Do keep us informed!!

Hi Lyndsey,
I only just read this and didn't realise you were having a whopper too!
I can't believe what the doctor said. That's outrageous. Do they not realise how vulnerable and emotional we feel. I think I would've burst in to tears so you did well to hold it together.
Well...I guess we'll both have to sit tight and see what happens.
The lady who ran my hypnobirthing course said better to give birth to a nice cushioned baby than a bony one!
That's one way of looking at it!
L x

Haha I like that Lucy!

I have also been told that bogger babies sleep better and are more easier to handle... so there are benefits.... I just don't like the thought of a huge baby coming out of me!!!!!

I still don't know what size we are talking about I mean some MW think that 8lb is big and others say 10-11lb is big! lets hope I am at the smaller end of big!! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back