got my doppler!

Kimbo

Reaction score
i got my doppler this morning, its an angel sounds one, my mum bought it for me :D
it says in the book that the heartbeat will sound like galloping horses, but mine sounds like a steam train!
is that still the heartbeat? :think:

well.. according to old wives tales.. a girls hb sounds like galloping horses n a boys sounds like a train...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

yay!!!! Glad you got it Kim! I find that it works better if I angle the doppler rather than just put it straight onto my bump..

they're great aren't they, :D i got an angel sounds one whe i was thirteen weeks, and the heartbeat sounds more like a train to me too! just remember that as you get bigger and the baby moves around sometimes you cant find the heartbeat so dont panic its normally cos bubs had tucked him/herself away so you cant hear. but enjoy! :cheer:

thanks everyone!
the gel i got with it seems to make a huge difference to what i can hear.

does anyone know how to record it onto ur laptop?

i have the recording cable and ive plugged it into the mic hole on the laptop and then gone onto sound recorder but when i record its just silence :think:

my midwife told me your hear 2 sounds in there, one comes from the placenta (think she said the air passing through it) and the other one the baby's heart (stating the obvious!!)

there s a difference-i've learnt it now after listening to the placenta a few times ha ha!!

its amazing to hear the baby, bet your loving it!!

the planceta is like shuu shuu shuu!! a steam train is how i'd explain the heatbeat so i'm sure you've found it!!! the heatbeat is much quicker :D

The baby's heart will beat at 130-160 beats per minute. Your heart beats at 60-80 beats per minute.

It is your pulse in the placenta that you'll sometimes pick up so it will sound beat-like but at a slower speed.

Your pulse might sometimes sound swooshy, but sometimes like a louder knocking. (Unless that's just me! lol!) But it is always at the slower rate.

Baby's heartbeat might sometimes be swooshy and sometimes more defined, I guess depending on its position, and whether you're closer to the heart or going through more body mass. But it is always at the faster rate.

Happy listening!

ive deffo just found it!

it was more horse sound now! lol
very fast!
and it got louder and then heard like a squiggly noise and it got even louder!
i used my stopwatch and counted for a minute, and it was 148 beats per minute.. thats gotta be the heartbeat aint it?

congrats Kim! I'll bet you'll be playing with that all day lol i decided not to get one as im such a panic head.

The angelsounds one allows you to hear the baby move too... sometimes with mine I can here the heartbeat then theres a swishing and gurgling sound like water moving around and the heartbeat fades a bit...then more swishing and it comes back stronger....I can also feel the baby moving now when this happens which is really cool...but I could hear this from around 13 weeks.

The heartbeat I found more difficult to find as he was in my pelvis...but around 15 weeks it was much easier to find.

Yeah, that's right. You'll be able to hear all the movement too which is great before you can feel it!

Meant to say - not sure why your recording won't work. What you've done is all I did. Maybe check the cable is in all the way both ends. Other than that, not sure. You've turned the volume up, yes? lol!

Good luck!

Ladybird said:
Yeah, that's right. You'll be able to hear all the movement too which is great before you can feel it!

Meant to say - not sure why your recording won't work. What you've done is all I did. Maybe check the cable is in all the way both ends. Other than that, not sure. You've turned the volume up, yes? lol!

Good luck!

lol, errrrrmmmmm...... let me try again :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back