baby's heartbeat

MissGobby

Reaction score
i have been using my doppler, and the sound of baby's heartbeat sounds like a train - arnt you supposed to be able to tell the gender by the sound of the heartbeat?

a train is supposed to mean a boy,galloping horses a girl x

They do say that if it sounds like a train it's a boy and if like a galloping horse a girl. I was at the maternity unit Sat night and I mentioned something about my bump being a girl and the MW said 'yeah, definite girl in there, listen to that horse'! BUT I wouldn't take it as gospel, early on I thought the heartbeat sounded more like a train! Another general observation is that girls heartbeats can be faster than boys - Kayla's (my bump) was between 140-158 while I was at the hospital x

No idea but im now gonna get my doppler out and listen. Apparently girls have a much faster heart beat that a boy but that doesnt help us as we have nothing to compare it with.

Claire x

My midwife had a listen at 16 weeks and sounded like a horse and she said 'yep, definately a girl in there'...scan showed he's a little man...saw he's meat and two veg and everything, so that was more to go by than the heartbeat!

It's still fun having a guess though! :) x

I think that's why so many people thought boy for me because the heartbeat was like a train!!

She's a girl! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back