Good book on pregnancy?

ceebee

Reaction score
Hi girls :)

I know there's loads of stuff on the net, but I always like having a good book at home to refer to when I need it. Any suggestions of a really good pregnancy book that tells you everything you need to know? Any good website suggestions would be great too - there's a lot of junk out there...

Thanks! :) xxxxxxx

i got a big thick one from the midwife from the NHS

I haven't bought one about pregnancy but been the library to borrow quite a few- love ut because it's free

For factual stuff I quite liked 'what to expect when you're expecting'

I was going to buy 'what to expect when your expecting'.

Last time I found the pregnancy magazines helpful, for week by week updates and general up to date info.

Have you signed up to any websites? They normally do a weekly email on how baby grow and information for Mum too.
Boots, Huggies, Babycentre, Bounty all do them :) (If you sign up to Boots you get freebies from joining the parenting club too)

I dont like pregancy books, the cavemen did without!

I've got Pregnancy Bible and What to Expect... They're both quite good for dipping into and I enjoy having a little read about everything that's still to come. I love the week-by-week look at pregnancy in the Pregnancy Bible, and have started comparing my boobs and belly with the model in the book! :D

Thanks girlies :) looks like pregnancy bible and what to expect are the way to go, so will check those out :) I always like to be as informed as possible xxxx

Me too ceebee. I just found myself dipping in and out throughout the weeks/months- hence the borrowing from library so I could change books when I wanted!

I bought Pregnancy for Dummies!!! xx

I bought Pregnancy for Dummies!!! xx

LOL!

I was planning not to bother with any books to be honest?

I just kind of assume that I'll figure it out as a I go along :shock:

I imagine that there is no book that can truly prepare you?

I read a few books when my sister was expecting (I read one cover to cover when she was in labour - that was a long old day!) and I found them quite idealistic and a bit patronising!!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I find them to be a bit like that too Carnat, but picked up a couple of interesting facts. Wouldn't pay full price for any of them, ebay is my friend!

I feel like the stages of pregnancy are a bit 'off' - like saying you won't feel movement til 24 weeks in one of them - and magazines are much more useful for that imo xx

I was going to buy 'what to expect when your expecting'.

Last time I found the pregnancy magazines helpful, for week by week updates and general up to date info.

Have you signed up to any websites? They normally do a weekly email on how baby grow and information for Mum too.
Boots, Huggies, Babycentre, Bounty all do them :) (If you sign up to Boots you get freebies from joining the parenting club too)

I brought this book and it's fab xxx

i think someone should write a book on what its REALLY like to be in labour and give birth !!!!! my cervix opening like a bloody flower is not how i would describe it !! ( makes you wonder why we go through it again really lol )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back