Recommend good pregnancy book?

ZoeM

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Just wondered if anyone could recomend a good pregnancy book? Went to the book shop to have a look on Sat and there are fifty million to choose from!!

I bought a really good preg magazine last week called 'I'm Pregnant'! It cost me £4.99 but it's really thick and bursting with info.

Z

ive got Dr. miriam Stoppard's "new pregnancy and birth book" and i find it very thorough!

u will get one off ur midwife too which is also really good x

I've got 2 but to be honest I only look at them now and again.

I buy Pregnancy & Baby magazine every month and refer to my copies of that alot more :)

Believe it or not 'Pregnancy for Dummies' is great. My husband (who is a techy geek) made me buy it because he thinks all of life's challenges can be met through a text book.

It is my bible now, I love it! (But don't tell him that!)

I'm really enjoying The Rough Guide to Pregnancy by Kaz Cooke (an Aussie) - its really good - a diary for her + packed with loads of useful info.

I've also got Best Friend's Guide to Pregnancy which is a little American (but they have tried to anglicise [sp?] it) but full of good stuff and funny too!

I bought the Pregnancy Bible too - definitely don't bother with that one! I think it's a bit cr*p.

I also bought The Bloke's Guide to Pregnancy which I think is a bit cr*p (it's so basic!) but my OH is enjoying it - must be written for a bloke!

Hope that helps.

Valentine xxx

Happybunny said:
Believe it or not 'Pregnancy for Dummies' is great. My husband (who is a techy geek) made me buy it because he thinks all of life's challenges can be met through a text book.

It is my bible now, I love it! (But don't tell him that!)

I agree with happy bunny it is really good. I made a post on it a few months back. here it is if you want to know what the chapters and that are:
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 537#235537

I had mirian stoppard and don't rate it some info is inaccurate .I buy pregnancy and birth also i like it because the info is up to date.

i bought 2 really good books yesterday.
Your Pregnancy Week by Week by Glade, Curtis and Schuler. Has loads of info about how baby is changing and how mum is changing week by week. Kep me engrossed all last night and have only got up to about 6 weeks so far.
The other book i bought is called Watch Me Grow! by Prof Stuart Campbell. It has amazing 3D scan pictures from throughout pregnancy and his insights in to what he's learnt about behaviour in the womb from doing these scans. It's quite a thin book compared to the other one so was a bit extravagent, but i'm finding it absolutely fascinating.

I have got the Pregnancy bible - I quite like it to be honest - though did not look at any others to compare - was an impulse amazon purchase the day I found out I was expecting.

it has a week by week account of how the baby is growing which I enjoy reading.

LucyBee said:
What to Expect when You're Expecting.

Really recommend it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Expect-Whe ... F8&s=books

Ditto I would recommend this too, also the Kaz Cooke one someone else has recommended on this post, its very funny and makes me feel like I am not going mad!!! Gives you a week by week 'diary/what to expect' with a little ruler at the side indicating baby's size!!
(The diary for last week showed a woman with a medusa head shouting at her husband... thats me down to a tee!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back