Going to the baby show ... I can't wait!

So_hopeful81

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
It's not particularly exciting, but I really have got excited about going to the baby show tomorrow! I have a little hope that Jez (OH) and I find some ways to spend some money!

Xxx

Have a great time! Wish I could go but it's too far for me! Xx

I will try cool beans- thank you!
Does the Baby show travel around so that you will be able to get to one or is it only in earls court!? Xxx

Are you after anything in particular or just on a spend-it-on-what-we-see shopping trip? You MUST post pics of what you buy hunny xxxxxxxxx

It moves about I went to the Manchester one 8 weeks ago. Just google The Baby Show and the website should come up. I also follow it on twitter. I got a voucher code for cheaper tickets on twitter.

I'm tucked down in Devon so it's rare anything comes down near me!

We have got one in Brighton on 13th Nov, very excited :) have got tickets and will hopefully buy lots when we get there! Let me know how it goes xx

I'm after anything I take a fancy to... And if Jez'll let me buy it!
I think he got the cheaper tickets too. £11.50 each. Plus my 4 year old gets in for free!!!
I really want a Doppler, and of I can find a relatively cheap one I'm hoping I can get that. Any suggestions???
Xxx

Angelsounds seems to be the best doppler. Maybe look on the online reviews and stuff on things you are thinking of getting so you can gets the best brands and know what to stay away from.

Wish I was coming, I've got a fun filled weekend of food shopping and running around after a 6ft 4 barn door who can't even take himself for a wee :(. Swap ya :) xxxxxxxxx

Ha ha- brilliant! I wish you were coming too- imagine the fun we could have bb!!!
I had thought angel sounds from all that I'd seen in the past. I'm not going to get too worried if there isn't one there though!
Xxx

Im going tomorrow soooo excited!! Hoping to get a lot of the boring stuff like steralizers etc!!!
xxxx

Mrs N you'll love it!!! I am shattered though. I found the cafe's quite expensive, but you'll have no problem finding the steriliser that you want.
It's pretty warm in there too - so try to wear something not too hot!!!

Enjoy!!! Xxx

I was restricted by my OH as I have promised him that with all of the complications of past pregnancies and now with the horrible fact that bubba could still be likely for mc due to having downs syndrome, I will not buy bulk items until after Christmas. I did however decide exactly what cot, high chair and push chair I wanted... Now I just have to wait and see if we can afford them after Xmas!!!! Roll on January!!! :) xxx

Seeing things "in the flesh" and then getting them at massive online discount in the Jan sales can never be a bad thing hunny xxxxxxxxx

I know!
At points yesterday it did make me a little sad though when I looked at other bumpy ladies and realised that I am still worried about miscarriage. I would have been fine if the consultant hadn't told me that I have to worry about miscarriage throughout my whole pregnancy!
Jeremy was right to stop me though, as I have been that over excited mum to be who has put her name down for EVERYTHING and then after miscarriage I have cried every time I recieved an email etc that talked about my developing baby etc!

I am guessing that when we do in fact get the opportunity to buy some bits and pieces it will make it super special for us though! Haha! January sales have NEVER excited me soooo much! xxxx

Just got back!! Got sooo much stuff!! So happy got loads to play with now!!
xxxx

I know!
At points yesterday it did make me a little sad though when I looked at other bumpy ladies and realised that I am still worried about miscarriage. I would have been fine if the consultant hadn't told me that I have to worry about miscarriage throughout my whole pregnancy!
Jeremy was right to stop me though, as I have been that over excited mum to be who has put her name down for EVERYTHING and then after miscarriage I have cried every time I recieved an email etc that talked about my developing baby etc!

I am guessing that when we do in fact get the opportunity to buy some bits and pieces it will make it super special for us though! Haha! January sales have NEVER excited me soooo much! xxxx

I never knew DS were at risk of mc all the way through :shock:. But surely the further on you go the less the risk? Maybe early labour rather than mc? You haven't got long til V-day, have they discussed birthing options like early c-section or anything?
:hug: xxxxxxxxxx

Well, thats exactly what I thought! And there isn't a great amount of information about it, but there are places that explain that miscarriage can occur due to chromosome abnormalities.
I spoke to my MW about it, and she told me to keep positive, and that it was her belief that once I was past 12 weeks, it was a great sign, so I keep that it mind all of the time.

One very sad thing is that only one consultant has been positive about bubba. All others like to inform me of all of the negatives involved in having a DS child. For example, even before I had had my cardiology scans I was informed that the baby would most likely have a problem with her heart. That the baby would have severe DS and this would cause me, and my family a lot of grief potentially!

When I looked into DS in more detail, I found that this is not true. A person either HAS down syndrome or doesn't. It has been explained to me like pregnancy. You are either pregnant or not. You can't be a little bit pregnant. You can be in the early stages of pregnancy which means that others may not be able to see it as clearly. You may be in the later stages of pregnancy which will show more signs of being pregnant. Down syndrome is not something that children suffer with. It is simply a catalogue of physical differences.

50 % of people with DS do have a heart condition. But more than likely, if they do, this can be dealt with at a very early stage, very easily. My bubba has had 2 cardiology scans so far, and they can find absolutely nothing wrong with her heart at present. I can't even begin to tell you how mush I hope that continues! Ha!

I begged my consultant after our last consultation (this is just after she had explained about the chance of mc) to allow me to have an early c section, but she has said no! I cried when I got home, as I had a 3rd degree tear with my 1st daughter, and am petrified of it happening again, and this time it not being fixed so effectively. Jeremy has said that after V day we will beg and beg and hope and pray that they let me!

xxxx

Well in the news earlier they are saying that all women will have the right to elective c-section as it's safer now than it has ever been, but I'm not sure if it's effective now or when it will be. I would have thought this would be a safer option for you if you tore, my sister had nearly 100 stitches after her first son was born and there was never a discussion about her going through it again, they planned a c-section but brought it forward when Theo-pottamus was found to be 9lb with a month to go :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back