Long Haul ???

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Hi All. I was wondering if i could get some advice off you all.

Me and my partner are wanting a couples holiday before we come mummy and daddy and we would like to go to the caribbean. I will be 28 weeks on the 4th march and so i no i have to be home before that to be guaranteed to fly ie no confinement note.

So we were thinking of flying out on my 24th week and coming home in the 26th week. what does everyone else think? My partner has said that we will upgrade to get the wider spacious seats with my belly.

Advice needed

Love ya

If you think you can cope with the flight then go for it. I love flying so a 9 hour flight for me is quite an adveture not a chore.

Just make sure you take all the precautionary measures like flight socks, exercises to stop DVT, move about the plane as much as possible and remember to drink lots and lts of water to keep hydrated.

I think a holiday would be a lovely idea before the baby comes along, relaxing and a celebration of being a couple before you turn into a family.

Just remember also that you tan more easily when you are pregnant so take lots of care in the sun.

I would say go and enjoy your self. We went dom rep when i was around 25 wks with daughter now 2. we too realised time running out for travelling by 28 wks. all i would say is try not to get over heated drink plenty and make sure when u buy insect repellant u tell them at chemist u are pregnant. they have ones u can use when pregnant.

i was fine during flight though hard to get comfy if u want to sleep. and pre book seats so u seated together they wanted to put us rows apart.

marie x
23+3

I think that if you are feeling fit and well and you take all the precautions, why not!!!

This is your last chance for a wee while to have a really special couple's holiday!

have fun!!!

i agree with the others :) i did long haul at 20 weeks (11 hours), have just come back from hols (4 hours) and will be flying again, albeit short haul at 31 weeks - doctors note permitting.

you should get away with your OH on your own while you still can - i swear, the trip that my OH and i just took did us the world of good. we spent all our time talking about LO and the future, and have honestly not been that happy for ages.

ENJOY!!! :)

Do it!

Ask the stewardess for an extra cushion for your back and you'll be fine :D

i just landed last night from 15 hours flight with no probs (but then again i have no uncomfortable bump yet and being 5'1 never have a problem with leg room)

only thing i worried about was heat of the sun on my belly- woorrying about a boil-in-the-bag baby :? !!! so i didnt stay out in the glaring sun too much

be aware that most standard travel insurance will only cover up to 26 weeks tho.
and wear flight socks etc ....blah blah!

then enjoy your last holiday of freedom mwahaha :twisted:

gymbabeliz said:
i just landed last night from 15 hours flight with no probs (but then again i have no uncomfortable bump yet and being 5'1 never have a problem with leg room)

only thing i worried about was heat of the sun on my belly- woorrying about a boil-in-the-bag baby :? !!! so i didnt stay out in the glaring sun too much

be aware that most standard travel insurance will only cover up to 26 weeks tho.
and wear flight socks etc ....blah blah!

then enjoy your last holiday of freedom mwahaha :twisted:

Where did you go to? We were thinking of going between 21 & 25/26 weeks

we went to singapore, kuala lumpar and phuket

another thing is check if you do any excursions / tours if they are suitable for pregnant women, like speedboat trips are out etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back