Going back to work

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
Just wondering another question :)

How long did you wait until you return after work?
Did you feel it was a reasonable time off or would you have liked more time with your bub?
How long do you think is substanstial?
Also when you returned was it full or part time hours?

And to those that decided not to go back why was this?

God its like a questionaire :rotfl: But you ladies get the jist of what im trying to ask :)

Thanks

Ok so I'm cheating your question cos I haven't gone back yet, but.. I'm taking the full 9 months paid leave and then going back part time, and then leaving after 3 months, and getting a part time job closer to home.

im going back to work in february, when melissa will be 8 months old. i dont want to , i wish we could afford for me to stay at home! i will be going back part-time tho, i was full-time b4. we can afford to cut my hours in half but not do without my salary altogether. unfortunately!

I have no choice....either I go back to work in April, when this one is 3 months old, or we loose our house...simple as.

I can't afford not to work... I really want a full 6 months off so I can breast feed but it's not possible...

8 years ago when I had Tia, the time we got to have was 18weeks if we hadn't been in the company for two years, and I just missed out by two weeks..so had to go back. I ended up leaving and going to uni which was more like working part time, but I got my loan and grant and that help me survive financially.

It's horrible leaving them, no matter how old they get, but it has to be done or there is no food on the table...and in a way it has been good for my daughter to see me working. She is really studious at school and wants to get a good job.

i'm going back next week luke is 7 months old and i'm going back part time, i think it will do me good and in the long run will appreciate the quality time with luke when i'm not working but its going to be hard leaving him.

if i don't go back now i don't think i could ever go back, this has been a nice time off with luke and i'm only going to do 2 days a week and in a way it will be nice to be more than just a mummy i can be lisa again for a while!!

I went back when Ellie was 5months. I could have stayed off for longer but if I did I would have had to go back on more hours. I went back initially on 26hrs / week spread over 4 days. That way I felt comfortable with the length of time she was in nursery for. Once she reach 1 year I needed to up my hours and although the original plan was to go back 4 full days I just didn't feel happy with the length of time she would then have to be in nursery for (9.5hrs) so I upped my hours so that it is 5 shorter days (32hrs) and that way I feel happy as I get to spend some time every afternoon with her.

TBH Although it was hard at the time I am now happy with my work/home life balance.

this one will be 6 months old and I'll be going back full time ( 3 days working from home)

I went back when Stanley was 6 months (before leave was extended to 9 months) and work 3 days. I need to work to pay our most basic of bills but would anyway.

I was champing at the bit. I love my son, but needed something else in my life other than being a SAHM, I craved the office in a way I never thought I would.

Now I go in for a 'break' :lol: I work hard but it's lovely to be selfish and eat when I want, go to the loo when I want......if just for a couple of days!

I ended up going back to work after my daughter when she was only 8 weeks old :( I was due to have longer but my hubby was given notice of his job ending and I ended up having to go back. Its something I broke my heart over as I felt robbed so this time I was determined to take as long as possible so have been off for nearly a year. Sadly I have had to go back full time as they couldn't get anyone to share with me as I teach 3 subjects in a secondary school but with the great school holidays I cant complain as I am so much better off than most.

For the record the only reason I was able to stay off as long as I have is thanks to my loving uncle who passed away and left me a legacy. He gave me the greatest gift anyone ever could have, the gift of time with my little one. God bless him :cry:

Oh no why did you have mention that W word :cry:
Next week is my last week off then its back to the graft for me. I missed the 9mths maternity by 2 wks and was gutted about it. I've decided to go back part-time to try and get a good work/home life balance. Although I have loved every minute with my son in a strange way (never thought i'd say this) i'm kinda looking forward to going back and having something else in my life again. I'm lucky though as me and DH work around each other hours which means Lewis will always be at home and I don't have to put him in a nursery.

However once I'm back a few weeks I may not be so enthusiastic :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back