Nursery Fees

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Its sort of a how long is a piece of string question but, would any of you know roughly how much nurseries charge for full and part time hours??

Im not even pregnant yet and maybe jumping the gun but trying to work out what our finacial situation is going to look like and cant seem to find the information out on the net.

Thanks

X

Adams nursery charge £23 for a morning or afternoon session or £34.50 for a full day but i think its abit more for babys hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow so can really vary, reason Im asking is im self employed and working with 3 other partners (all blokes) when we set up we never really discussed materinty issues and obviuosly until I know im pregnant dont wanna bring it up but need to work out best way to go either go part time full time or something else!! ha ha and seeing what is viable financially. Honestly how do you ever afford it ladies???

I pay a childminder who charges £3 an hour,dependin on ur income u can get help wiv childcare thru tax credits. Xx

I was looking on the website the other day and think we might be able to claim something so thats a help I suppose its the whole take more materinty leave vs nursery and go back to work.

Thanks for the replies ladies that helps...... just need to implant the baby now :)

The nurseries I've been looking at are £38 £41 and £43 per day!

That's £860 a month. Ouch. Makes me feel sick.

And I had no idea until I was pregnant so good on you for researching now.

Where are you all from?!?!? Our nursery is £57 a day here!!

Jesus Christ and I thought mine was robbery! That's Liverpool what I quoted, cheapest one is actually city centre too.

Where the hell are you living for that price?!?!?

the one i work at charge £48 a day and if the child has cooked food there its an extra £2 a day! x

Im up North so hoping might be less!! Eeeeekkkkkkk ha ha ha

mine in doncaster south yorks are £30-40 per day and childminders charge £3.50 - £5 per hour,

so yeh varies a lot!

theres a childcare voucher thing thats a salary sacrefice thingy u cud join which comes off ur wages b4 tax ans NI, so u savemore n then as mentioned tax credits too,

good luck, i kno to get a place in the best nursery here i enquired in june 2010 when i was about 20wks n its fully booked up until april 2012, just to bear that in mind!!

xxx

Mine charges £36 a day and that includes 3 meals a day :) In the city center though its over £40 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back