Sweeps?

nikki1306

Reaction score
Well i have to have a sweep tomorrow lunch time :( ,was just wondering who else has had one and if you found it painful?,did it work for you and how long did it take if it worked,please let it work :pray: :D xx

Hiya

I had a sweep, it took 2-3 mins and was uncomfortable, but not painful.

I got cramps/ BH afterwards, and my midwife had said I was so close to my waters breaking it should happen really soon.

I was still induced 10 days later :(

I was never offered more than one though...but I know people that had 3 or 4...I'd book another one afterwards of you can!

or ask your other half to try and do it for ya :dance:

i had 1 with my 1st and it hurt, prob cos doctors fingers were like bloody bananas :shock:

Sassyminx said:

i had 1 with my 1st and it hurt, prob cos doctors fingers were like bloody bananas :shock:

How did your OH know what to do? and how is it done? :think:

yeah i was thinking of giving it a go :lol: ,wouldn't have a clue what i was doing though :think: :D xx

i had a sweep it wasn't painful and it didn't work.
Baby will only come when its ready.

budge said:
you haven't got to have one nikki. :hug:

The midwife did say that i could change my mind when she comes round to do my check up but i think i will give anything a go now before baby gets too chubby :lol: xx

it doesn't hurt nikki. you'll be fine and it might get things going for you. :hug:

:wave: Hi,I had a sweep,I bled for just over a day,but it didn't get me going.I had to be induced 7 days after the sweep.If you can relax yourself totally you shouldn't feel a thing.Good luck,heres hoping you start tonight! :pray:

Tasha20 said:
Sassyminx said:

How did your OH know what to do? and how is it done? :think:

lol oh didnt do it, i just meant ask them to, its basically swirling their fingers around the cervix in a circular motion, though cant see them enjoying putting you through pain but beats a doctor doing it anyday id reckon :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back