Going back to work

dc1000

Reaction score
I'm probably jumping the gun a bit by asking this but here goes anyway.
I plan to go back to work full time once the baby reaches the 6 months mark, Simply because i am going to be a lone parent and i will have to find a way to support the child. I have found child care facilites but will have no help from my parents who want nothing to do with me because i am single and pregnant. I don't think this will change but don't really care. The Father is as bad and doesn't live in this country and neither do his family so i will be on my own. anyway, Just wanted to find out if this is just a foolish dream i have of going back to work, i know i will be very tired but i want to provide the best for my baby. Is there anyone else out their who has managed to go back to work full time and look after their children..p.s Part Time work is not available so i cannot opt for this and i enjoy my job so don't want to leave if i can help it.

Hiya

As a single mum to be myself I also will have to go back to work when my little man is 6 mnths. I have asked my department for 30 hrs a wk instead of full time but they keep brushing my question under the carpet, so it looks like it will be full time hrs for me. I have been to a few nurseries to view them and have found the one I want to put my son in. Its not cheap and even with this 70% help towards childcare cost I still have to find money each wk to pay towards the whole fees. I am lucky though as I do have the support of my mum and I will still be living with my mum so if I do crash and burn she will be there to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back