Going away with cloth nappys

Sarah13

Reaction score
So Im off to visit my mum for a week next week but can't decided whether to take cloth or not. What does everyone else do? I've also only just enough for full time use so the ones he wears the day we leave should i just take them to wash once Im there? My mum also doesn't really 'get' why I would do cloth these days when disposables are so easy!

We use cloth at oh's parents and disposables at my parents mostly because my parents house is small with nowhere except the room we sleep in to keep the nappy bin and his family's has a big airy bathroom. I would look at the logistics of it rather than worry about your mum's opinion. Good luck x

Hadn't thought of that catty, my mums house is a reasonable size but small bathroom so they will need to be in my room with me. Think Im going to just go for it!

Take everything see how it works out. If it doesn't just buy some.

I take my cloth nappies with me when visiting. However, my folks do have a washer and a dryer so it's fairly straight forward. We use disposables when we travel somewherewith no washing facilities.

As for why we're using them, it's never really come up. My mum used cloth on me because that's what they had available so it's kind of normal for her and she's not surprised if I do the same. If I needed to explain it though I would mention that apart from cloth being cheaper, disposable nappies are the second most common item in our landfill sites (13million thrown away per day!), they don't rot down, and the human waste in them can seep into ground water which we then drink... and I have no wish to contribute to any of that. :)

Well so far its going well being away with cloth! My mum has been showing and telling everyone about his nappys as well! She's even going to knit some wool soakers if I find a decent pattern and get the right kind of wool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back