Giving up a hobby due to pregnancy?

lillie

Reaction score
I play drums in a rock band every week and I love it. Problem is despite only being little bit pregnant the noise was really bothering me, plus my co-ordination was well out! :bunny:

I'm worried I'll have to stop. Has anyone else had to give up a hobby due to pregnancy?

ps - only used the bunny smilie because its so funny!

Hi Lillie,
I play the clarinet and started going to an orchestra in my early weeks. Apart from the people there really irritating me I didn't have the lung capacity (have been getting quite short of breath at the best of times) and left each night exhausted and sore! I didn't last long which is such a shame cause my good friend also goes and normally I think I would have really enjoyed it.
Maybe would have been different if it was a hobby I had already established!
Good luck!!

i would persevere for a little while yet, after 12 weeks your tiredness will wear off and you will feel better you might enjoy it more after that x

I was just starting to get into indoor rock climbing, only been a few times but not so sure it's a good idea with a little one on the way! May give it a miss for a while!

I have a horse and i have had to give up show jumping and all jumping stuff with him :( can only ride out and thats at a steady pace

I gave up playing ice hockey with each of mine which drove me round the bend! played for England.
I gave up two years ago, so exciting this time, as pregnancy will be more fun as I don't feel robbed of my outlet! although I feel wobblier! and it really helped to loose the weight afterwards getting back intime for championship playoffs each may! I had jan, feb and early march babies , managed to get them around the hockey season to make it back for the playoffs. Will be so nice to try a summer pregnancy and show bump off, reather than under winter jacket this time!

Well I'm still ttc, but when I finally get a BFP, my bass-playing will be out the window as soon as the bump gets in the way of my bass :)

I haven't had to give up any hobbies as I have a torn disc in my lower back so had already swapped my high impact hobbies for low impact swimming (which I love anyway so wasn't a hard swap). I just have to remember not to be quite so hard on my body as I would of been previously! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back