Girls names ending in IE!

DaniOwl

Reaction score
As the title says, I want a girls name ending in ie - don't know why but I just love names that end in ie! I've found a few lists online but they all seem far too 'American' for me!

I really like Mollie but I think his family has a Mollie in it, I don't know all of them and I've been having a snoop on Facebook - I'm not telling him what I've chosen yet - we're both supposed to have lists - well he's constantly writing down and I'm just stuck so I'm turning to you lot.... Again!!! Xx

Hmm, Elsie, Kelsie, Millie, Tillie, Carlie, Charlie, Chelsea, Hollie, Polly ... Wracking my clouded pregnancy brain lol! Xx

Tillie, Millie, Amelie, Pollie, Gracie, Xx

Maisie, lucie, ellie lexie. Think maisie is pretty english. Not sure if any of them are your bag x

Lottielou I've just seen your screen name and thought Lottie! Xx

Omg im so thick lol!!!! I didnt think of my own name haa! X

I'm a Hollie and I've just had a Rosie (I'm the same as you - love ie!!)

How about...

Lottie
Daisie
Hattie
Sophie
Rubie
Lucie
Millie
Georgie

Just off top of my head!

Anything that ends in a "Y" could also be spelt with an "IE" so that should give you more options.

Although personally I prefer the traditional spellings.... so I'd prefer Holly to Hollie Amy to Amie etc... but if you are set on IE to end then look at the names ending with Y too.

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Well I'm Katie and my niece is Lucie, others could be:

Daisie,
Maisie,
Lexie,
Hollie,
Dixie,
Rosie,
Millie,
Lillie,
Abbie,
Annie,
Hattie,
Evie,
Sophie,
Emilie,
Melodie

I'm out :) xxx

You've got me thinking now also come up with:

Gracie,
Lacie,
Callie,

:) xx

Thanks so much girls - defo added a few to the list!!

I've always really liked Millie, Rubie (but I do prefer Ruby!), Lacie, Rosie (it's always been there and I think it's on his list as his mum is Rose) and Georgie!

I do keep coming back to Mollie and Millie though - just got to see what wonders he's put on his list - if it's anything like what he was saying when we actually had a baby name conversation (aka a row!) then god help me come January! Xx

I've always really liked Millie, Rubie (but I do prefer Ruby!), Lacie, Rosie (it's always been there and I think it's on his list as his mum is Rose) and Georgie!

I do keep coming back to Mollie and Millie though - just got to see what wonders he's put on his list - if it's anything like what he was saying when we actually had a baby name conversation (aka a row!) then god help me come January! Xx

I would worry too much! Once they see what we go through after childbirth they pretty much always say 'you have what ever name you want love'

My OH wasn't overly keen on Rosie throughout pregnancy, but I was set on that name from day one - out she came and first thing OH said was 'hi there Rosie!' Xxx

I would worry too much! Once they see what we go through after childbirth they pretty much always say 'you have what ever name you want love'

My OH wasn't overly keen on Rosie throughout pregnancy, but I was set on that name from day one - out she came and first thing OH said was 'hi there Rosie!' Xxx

See with him I don't know - he wanted Anthony for a boy (he's the 3rd and wants to carry it on) well I can't stand the name if I'm honest - i don't like the whole call him by his 2nd name thing and there's nothing I can shorten it too that I like so I've put my foot down with the Anthony thing - I don't think I'll get away with it with girls name too!! Xx

If I was going to have a girl, it was always going to be 'Cassie' :) I'm having a little man though so maybe it will be a 'Cassie' next time, but won't be for a while yet! xx

Well if we ever have a girl, we're going for Lucie - so, obviously, i think that's a good one :)

Last edited:
id have loved a name ending ie but our surname ends witrh an ey so its too rhimey lol

If we have a little girl, one of our options is Elodie. I think it's pretty and unusual.

One of my friends is called Elfie... (Elfriede). x

Callie is nice and not to popular eitherx

Callie is nice and not to popular eitherx

I do like it, but I have a friend called Callie - it's not really a name what would suit a child of mine tbh! Thanks anyway babe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back