Gender scans

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I've been CONVINCED for weeks that I am staying team yellow!
However I've realised this week that both my husband and I would much prefer a boy and would be kind of disappointed to have a girl :/
So now I'm thinking that at my 20 week scan that I should find out the sex to prepare us a bit more.
I've got 4 weeks to change my mind again, what so you think? Am I being silly?

Your not being silly babes. I believe everyone has a preference.
If you think you would prefer a boy then maybe it is best to have a scan but saying that if u stay team yellow durin labour after all that pushing, all the bonding throughout your
Pregnancy especially with kicks you really won't be bothered but go with your heart x

Its a tricky one, im right on the fence at mo between yellow and finding out!!

Well, after spending all day yesterday thinking about it, I went home and told my husband and his response was "Don't be stupid, there's loads of gorgeous gender neutral stuff out there", then went on to explain that it will probably save us a few bob too as if I know the gender I'll probably go mad buying clothes. :)
So thankfully he's put my mind at ease a little, but I'm sure there'll be many more of these wobbles in the next 5 months :)

We didn't care either way so we stayed team yellow. Had either of us (ie me :lol:) felt any strong preference to wanting a certain gender I think we'd have found out?

Staying team yellow was the best thing ever though! Finding out I'd just delivered a son is one of my most cherished and significant memories...

I still spent loads but def not as much as if I'd have known. We went for a black pram and dark wood furniture...

If we have number 2 we'll probably find out for practical reasons. If we have a girl then we'd have to buy a lot from scratch so it makes sense to spread the cost [as opposed to having to buy loads when baby arrives and I am already on maternity leave]. If we have another boy we'd be sorted though :lol:

xxxxx

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't think I'm that bothered, just a moment of madness. I kinda feel like I've always bonded better with boys, I have two brothers, a great relationship with my dad, lots of male friends, my parents are foster carers and I've always bonded better with the little boys.
But I know when it's my own child, we will bond no matter what the sex.

I've seen lots and lots of people having girls at the moment, one of my best friends found out she's having a girl yesterday too, so I think it panicked me a bit.

Funnily enough, I have only picked names for girls, I've not picked any boys names yet :)

If we have number 2 we'll probably find out for practical reasons. If we have a girl then we'd have to buy a lot from scratch so it makes sense to spread the cost [as opposed to having to buy loads when baby arrives and I am already on maternity leave]. If we have another boy we'd be sorted though :lol:

xxxxx

I definitely agree with this, it's easier to know the second time, so that planning is made easier :)

We have been looking at black prams and my parents already have a cot for us so just need the mattress and other furniture.

We both really wanted a boy & knew we'd be disappointed with a girl so found out as soon as possible so we could get used to having a girl if that's what it was. We are having a boy though & it's just so much easier to visualise & get excited about the future knowing what we're having! I admire those not finding out, there's no way I could do it!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back