Gender estimation from the kind of food you like!!!!

Azam

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm 13 weeks with my second and from the week 4 I hated all the sweets things , cake, chocolate ...
I loved sour and salty things
My mum and grand mum said that is because I have a boy.
Have you ever heart about the relation between the food you like/ hate and baby gender?!!

Ive carried and craved differently although some things similar and am having my second boy.

First time I craved fruit, strawberries, oranges just really refreshing things then it turned into basically everything and anything, cakes, sweets, savouries.

This time its been the same but just not as bad. Mostly strawberries, some fruit and I was craving Robinsons Tropical and still have that. Now theyv disappeared for now. Which is good before I end up massive :p

I dont believe in that myth, both times people have guessed girl with my cravings. All my old wives tales says girl and it was a boy.

All I will say is give in to your cravings as I do believe its what your body needs most, meat for iron etc.

xxxx

Last time I had random cravings that altered all the time. One day could be sausage rolls, one day could be milkshakes.
It's pretty much the same for me this time around too. However I have had more food aversions this time. Like the thought of eating pizza makes me want to be sick x

Ive been put off pizza the last two times. I usually love a good old dominoes aswell!

xxxx

In my first pregnancy I craved anything sweet, chocolate, cream cakes, strawberries and cream and i had a little girl so the myth was true for me. This time my cravings are the same as last but I'm team yellow x

Ive been put off pizza the last two times. I usually love a good old dominoes aswell!

xxxx

I use to love dominos but couldn't stomach it much last pregnancy and since then haven't enjoyed a dominos since! X

In my first pregnancy I craved anything sweet, chocolate, cream cakes, strawberries and cream and i had a little girl so the myth was true for me. This time my cravings are the same as last but I'm team yellow x

Yellow???

Yellow???

Yellow meaning I don't know the sex this time x

Anybody know what craving lager means? I barely touched it before pregnancy and now have to get alcohol free lager to down I crave it so bad lol

YorksLass im the same. Without alcohol free beer I would be lost.
Friends that have had the same liking (can't say craving) both had boys.

Last edited:
I wasn't a fan of beer before but I crave it so bad and I need to have alcohol free one.

I found this in a website:
Sugar and Spice Food Cravings
Craving salt during pregnancy? Potato chips, pretzels, and popcorn means a boy is on the way. Need a little something sweet? Ice cream, chocolate, and candy means you're having a girl.

xxxx

I use to love dominos but couldn't stomach it much last pregnancy and since then haven't enjoyed a dominos since! X

I'm the same i remember quite vividly ordering a half and half spanish Sizzler and pepperoni and was I'll for 3 days after it with terrible heartburn followed by indigestion followed by trapped wind. And since then I've never fully enjoyed them like I used to.

OH reheats his and I used to the next day as love the crust crunchy but now I can't face it two days in a row. I've not had one since being pregnant and I'm 5m next week lol.

I do remember loving them though. My mum had an aversion to pizza as well she still doesn't eat it. Jackson doesn't either.

Weird.

xxxx

xxxx

I'm the same i remember quite vividly ordering a half and half spanish Sizzler and pepperoni and was I'll for 3 days after it with terrible heartburn followed by indigestion followed by trapped wind. And since then I've never fully enjoyed them like I used to.

OH reheats his and I used to the next day as love the crust crunchy but now I can't face it two days in a row. I've not had one since being pregnant and I'm 5m next week lol.

I do remember loving them though. My mum had an aversion to pizza as well she still doesn't eat it. Jackson doesn't either.

Weird.

xxxx

We use to have a dominos at least twice a month before I had harper and since she's been born we've probably had about 5 dominos in the last 2.5 years! Just isn't the same anymore.

Funny you say that about Jackson not liking pizzas, harper doesn't either x

I didn't have any cravings with my son. But this time round I've eaten so much ice cream, and I'm having a girl. I also fancy cider, which is weird as I don't drink all!

The tale is right with me: with my son I seriously craved olives, salt crisps etc. And I couldn't eat ice cream, which I normally could eat daily. This time I'd live on chocolate and ice cream if I didn't know that's not healthy ;-) and it will be a girl now :)

With my lg I wanted oranges and orange juice all the time, with this baby I need bread!! I also keep wanting wine in the evenings, but I think that's from having a toddler lol x

I have my first scan on Friday/ 13 weeks
Are they going to say the baby gender?

I'm not sure I believe it either. I preferred salty or savoury foods last time and had a girl.
This time I'm preferring sweet foods (and having to resist buying cakes and donuts lol!) but I don't know what I'm having... my auntie and mum think boy but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back