Gem's diary ......

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
Does anyone mind if i do a diary here ? just with this being last month before surgery kinda want somehwere to put how im feelin ! im rubbish at normal diarys but as im online all the time i thought this would be good ! if noone objects !

thought id start with a quick summary of passed couple of years !

well in may 2005 i accidently fell pregnant , got my bfp on the 21/05/05 , but lost lil bean on the 9/06/05 , my due date would have been the 31/01/06. :cry: but it wasnt ment to be and brought me and hubby closer and closer together ! and in oct 2005 we set a date to get married ! april 2006 :cheer:

in dec 2005 , i had my last of my 5yr stint of mear tests (dodgy one when i was 18 so had to have yearly) But , it came back with dodgy cells again and i refered to the hosiptal for a colposcopy.

Jan we decided to start trying for our first baby ! (b4 having results back from smear) very exciting time , altho the usual disapointment when i didnt fall 1st time spec with my accidently fall the year before

7/03/06 , my first experience of a colposcopy , imagine a smear but 10 times worse , legs in stirrups , cervix on the tv monitor ! and the cover u bits in a vinager type lidquid that stings like f*** , and then take a biospy which hurts like hell and gives u tummy cramps and af would be proud of :rotfl:

but it was bad news , id got many pre -cancerous cells ( later confirmed as cin3) and i needed further treatment in the form of laser surgery :( luckly i was allow to delay it till after my honeymoon ! as u cant have sex for 6 weeks lol

also ment we had to stop trying for our lil one , untill id had the surgery :(

20th april 2006 me and brian got married in a lovery converted barn in my hometown of ipswich was best day of my life !

1036.jpg

back from honeymoon and hubby started his new job , on the tues 9/05/06 i went into hospital for laser surgery , wasnt too bad and was over in 30 mins . work were arsewhole and made me go back to work the next day :shock: so weds, thurs , and fri i struggled through the pain , felt like hurrendous af really . Found out i was only 5 years away from cancer :shock: SO PLEASE GIRLS HAVE YOUR SMEAR TESTS I WAS ONLY 23

but on my birthday 13th may , at midnight hubby woke up to me screaming , i could barely move was doubled over in pain , by 2 am i was admitted and put on morphine (woohoo lol) . my laser site had got infected , so there i stayed for 3 days attached to a drip !

6 weeks of no bding later and we were clear for take off lol back to ttc :cheer:

by sept i still hadnt concieved and was worried it was scarring from the laser sugery , so took a visit to docs who sent me for blood tests , 1st lot where on the 18/09/06. These came back badly , looked like id got pcos , i was devested , thought my life was over and i was never gonna have a baby . i went back to my mums to see her , looked into it much more and found it wasnt all bad but still not good , doc had refered me for a scan ,so now was just focusing on getting through that !

24/10/06 , 2nd month blood test , these came back as not as bad as my first , docs couldnt really explain them , i deffo hadnt ovualted for passed 2 months tho

13/11/06 , ultrasound day , had to drink loads and this itself is a nightmere for me , just dont drink ! got there , hadnt got enough fluid , so they did an internal , well they could only see my left ovary so sent me away with jug of water , went back in and she did the right ovary , didnt ay anything to me at the time

28/11/06 , 3rd month of blood tests and doctors for ultrasound results !
wasnt good ! i had got mild psoc in my left ovary but what shocked me was to find out i had a dermoid cyst / tumour , 6cm x 6 cm in my right ovary :( and it needed to come out . nect day i received my referel, appointment is the 11th jan , will find out more and when it comes out then .

9/12/06 , Last af , was only 2 days long :shock: but killed my hopes for a bfp for xmas, had to make decsions whether to continue trying in dec or wait till after treatment , found myself still temping lol stuck the dh on zinc and got in the magic meds ! i couldnt not try , what if this was my month !

12/12/06 , had my 6 month colpcospy to check all pre-cancerous cells have gone awaiting results now

sorry for long post , just an easy way to start my diary ! im so glad i found u girls , even if its made me obssed even more as theres so many tummy pics to envy at lol but knowing im not the only one goign through this is great !

awaiting ovualtion now , thats if i didnt yesterday/ today . This really is my last chance before ill prob have to have surgery , im scared that if i loose an ovary durring the op it will half my chances and with me also have pcos i dont like what the future hold , have already been told id have to loose alot of weight before having ivf , and thats so hard , pcos had made me put on nearly 3 stone :shock: and it doesnt seem to want to shift :wall:

so here's to the next few months :pray: for me and everyone ttc , babydust to all !

I hope the surgery goes ok :hug:

Your from ipswich? Cool :) I'm a suffolker too :D

I've had a smear test once before but i stupidly booked an appointment and then my period started. so nothing showed up. But i didnt ask for one, they suggested it. So do you just go in and say "can i have a smear test please?"? I'm not very good with this sort of thing. Stupid anxiety :roll:

yeh i lived in suffolk till 2 years ago when i moved to london to be with hubby !

just call your docs , ask to make a smear test appointment , there usualy done with a nurse , i was with needham market docs and thats all i had to do , roughly in the middle of your cycle!

cant stress enough ! to be told i would have had cancer by 28 is just too scarey and honestly smear tests are nothing to be afraid of !

Hi G3M,

So lovely to read your diary - what a journey you've been on - I'm absolutely amazed by your courage and strength throughout this time.

I wish you the best of luck with TTC this month to get a New Year BFP (hope you are BDing now!) and with the surgery in the New Year.

How does your OH feel about everything?

Lots of love and luck - I'll certainly be following your story.

Valentine xxx

thanks valentine !

thats without the other issue , i was car jacked on oct 29th and lost my subaru impreza so been trying times!

my hubby , well his great in a crisis , but rubbish with emotions ! doesnt show them at all really ! which can sometimes put a strain on our relationship as i can be fairly needy when it comes to attention :wall: dont want to be but am :roll: and would love to for him to be open about how he feels but his the kinda person that always says will it will be ok !

well temp has rised slightly this morning :dance: had a tiny show of sm last night but otherwise thats it , so im thinking im not gonna catch this month as ive really had nothing !

Hello

Sounds like you have been thru a lot. Just want to wish you all the luck in the world for the New Year.

:hug:

Hello

Sorry to hear u have a bad time TTC, We are all here for you and i look farward to reading this diary

Good Luck TTC it will happen soon.

:hug: :hug:

4dpo

but im concerned about my chart , anyone help ?

my temp hasnt risen anywhere near like last month , and my chart is totaly different :? i guess i just have to wait it out , see what it does but i think this is the stressfull time enough in the 2ww , never mind when ur chart isnt doing what u ecpect it to do !

anyone else not have a very big rise ?

feeling quite funny today , its my ov due date that ff forcasted but yet it seems i already have , been paranoid i havent and thinking any small cramp / cm means i have again and we havent bd over xmas , im hoping the cramp / bloated belly is just too much xmas food :wall:

now 5dpo , not having feelings either way except this bloatedness and cramps again ? brought a new thermometer this morning as my temps seems to be a bit flat and ff tends to say its a broken thermometer thats does that . will temp with both tomorrow !

ive also just worked out im exactly 10 dpo on 1st january ! do i dare do an early test ? should i indulge in buying a clearblue !!!?? or would i just get upset and ruin new years day !

what would u do lol

resist the temptation, I do it every month, when i test early with a clear blue and it comes up negative i then read the instructions word for word and realise the percentage chances of a positive coming up early which i think is 75% .... so then i re test on the date of my due period and still get a negative.

Its just not worth it. Making ur self get upset when it comes up negative on early testing then making urself go thru it again on the date.

well didnt resist , after having some subtle and not so subtle pains i decided to test didnt i :wall: and as you've seen it was indeed a bfn , not hopefull at all that it will turn any different , i guess this was to be my last piece of bad luck for the end of the year . or its my body telling me i need to have surgery first , if thats the case clever body and i look forward tp being ultra fertile (i wish) after surgery lol havent been sad about it , when yoove had 12 months of bfn i dont think u r so frustrated anymore , not that it doesnt hurt , u just give up some hope i guess . i know await my first af of 2007 hopeing it wont arrive thurs as hubby is giving me my xmas pressy , i dont know what it is yet ! but i thik its a day out somehere!

so this is me , a somber but ok Gem , 10 dpo and 11 days till gynea appointment

back to work today , and i really cant be bothered , just wishing the enxt few days away ! have resisted the urge to test again this morning and will just keep fingers crossed that af stays away

i really hope it is good news soon! Your temp is still good too... :hug:

Hi Gemma :hug:

Sorry to hear you got a BFN :hug:

I have just been reading your diary and just wanted to let you know I know what you're going through with the smears,colposcopys and laser surgery.

Just wanted to let you know that I finally had my first clear smear at the beginning of last year and was reffered back to GP care for the first time in around 4 years.

I was like you, I had many bad smear results, painful colposcopys and biopsies, days of period like pains but worse followed by the dreaded burning laser surgery!

Anyway big hugs to you and wanted to let you know that even after all of that I went on to have a pregnancy.... it can happen :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks kirlykird :hug: and yes how much does laser surgery burn ! my god do they ahve to use viniger stuff down there :oops:

thanks kat , still cant beleive uve got to 3rd tri b4 ive even got preggy lol :rotfl: oh well this year , you'll get the wedding and i'll get the positive preggy test hehe

well what a resltess nights sleep , had gone to bed early cos hubby on lates , he came home at 12.30 but i woke up :wall: then this morning i kept waking , thinking too much about if i had a temp drop today or not , and know i dont know if my temp is accurate lol i was freezing when i woke up at about 5.15 ish but shoved the thermometer is my mouth and it was 36.5 , then drifted back to sleep and alarm went off at 6am as usual took temp again and it was 36.8 , not sure if the first temp was down cos i was freezing ! or down cos af on her way lol but ive recorded the temp i took at 6 am as this is my usual wake up time , and if its accurate its really good lol

oh also woken with a sore throat ! not getting excited , i go a cold last time af was coming and got excited thinking it was a sign then lol

rah , well sore throat i gained over night hasnt gone , ive got my xmas present tomorrow ( still dont know what it is altho i know it means going out as i had to book 2 days off work !) and my nipples are sore sore sore !

can only mean 2 things lol , af is on her way and i pray she stays away long enough for me to enjoy thurs and fri

or i am indeed preggy

i was so sure i was last month i cant even think that i might be , my temps are good but todays coulda be inaccurate and i coulda had a temp drop ! hope i can stop worrying about my temp long enough in morning to get a good result so i dont get my hopes up , ill also be 13 dpo , so if as is on her way ill be expecting a drop :( cramping today has driven me crazy ! it hurts :doh:

will let u girls know my temp asap , i think i will resist the urge to test , ive only internet cheapies anyway and they say wait till your late :wall:

so here i am , 12 dpo , cramping , emotional , sore boobs and poss still high temps , but no high hopes :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back