Another post-pill cycle confusion!!

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Well i stopped pill 26/05
AF 29/05
Finished AF 02/06
Due AF 26/06
No AF 06/07 still!!
Im testing BFN every day and its annoying! I have AF pains on and off but know that AF pains can be mistaken for PG pains!
Im so confused! Been using ACON ultra early, normal tests and a first response and they all say BFN!!
I had irregular AF before going on the pill but when i came off it the first time with my first TTC, they were on time (28-30 days apart) and concieved Jaycee 3 months (to the day!!) later!
Weird.. stopped pill 23rd June 2003, concieved 23rd Sep 2003 then had her 23rd June 2004 lol!

Any suggestions???

I haven't bee on the pill but I have tested positive twice on the the 7th day past ovulation! Sadly none wished to stay but there you go :D

They say thats the problem with ultra sensitive pregnancy tests! Sometimes they cant latch on properly and you end up having a normal period. Try not using sensitive ones or only test when ur AF is due to avoid disappointment babe xxx

Argh!
Dammit!
I voted pos.
And then realised that one was done at the docs about a week before and that was neg :doh: :doh:

Lol! How far gone were u when u got the neg and when did u getthe pos?

Hmm let me work it out.
I must have got the pos about 3 or 4 weeks, so the neg must have been a week before that.

ok thanks.. i still not on AF, but i dont think im PG for some reason. probably coz i hear so many ppl saying their AF not there due to pill reasons lol :wall:

I'm in exactly the same boat!

AF is overdue now...only by one day though but still BFN's!

I too have pg symptoms...I have been using ACON and clearblue.

According to clearblue however, only 87% of women will get a BFP the day before AF due!

Fingers crossed for us x

have u recently come off the pill too then? ive just ordered some more clearblue tests. bloody £15! take the mick!!

I already bought some off this guy today!! He's listed some more so ive nabbed the ones u posted!! H aha aha ah ahaahahahahaha (evil laugh)n :twisted: :twisted:

Your welcome ~ I did start a cheap OPK/HPT thread somewhere but it's got lost :lol:

Ok, cheers honey.. ill try my clearblue and see what happens!
On a cheapie earlier, there was a VERY thin line on the pos section... The valid line was ther but the other one was barely recognisable!! Hard to explain but it was litterally the thinness of '' l '' , if not, thinner! And very light. I dont know if its my mind playing trick like it has been recently... i cant do another yet coz i dont need to pee and i cant drin alot coz it will water it down!!!
Luckily i have the urge to pee more as one of my symptoms so hopefully ill be testing again within the hour!!!

i do that thing where i can see a line, and i get oh to look, and he has to do the squinting, standing on one leg with one hand on his head to try and see it!!!

Good luck!!!!

xox

Jayceesmumma said:
Ok, cheers honey.. ill try my clearblue and see what happens!
On a cheapie earlier, there was a VERY thin line on the pos section... The valid line was ther but the other one was barely recognisable!! Hard to explain but it was litterally the thinness of '' l '' , if not, thinner! And very light. I dont know if its my mind playing trick like it has been recently... i cant do another yet coz i dont need to pee and i cant drin alot coz it will water it down!!!
Luckily i have the urge to pee more as one of my symptoms so hopefully ill be testing again within the hour!!!

I got them on the Clearblue at 7dpo Instead of the full band | you get the thin | ~ It can be your HCG is very low & catching the end of the result line (someone helped me on that :wink: ~) although I guess the worst result is an evap but I hope that's not the case :pray:

Oh an if that was what it appears to be Clearblue should help you out :cheer:

Here was my pin thick line |

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v82/w ... thjune.jpg

HayleyB said:
i do that thing where i can see a line, and i get oh to look, and he has to do the squinting, standing on one leg with one hand on his head to try and see it!!!

Good luck!!!!

xox

LMAO My OH is same I'm sure he's being awkward most of the time! :roll:

I got them on the Clearblue at 7dpo Instead of the full band | you get the thin | ~ It can be your HCG is very low & catching the end of the result line (someone helped me on that ~) although I guess the worst result is an evap but I hope that's not the case

Oh an if that was what it appears to be Clearblue should help you out

Whats evap?
And MAN thats a thin line u got!! I just done another cheapie, and after 5 mins i saw a second line and as i was going into the kitchen (for better light) and i watched it move up and up and combine with the valid line!! ******* thing!! What shall i do??
Whats evap??

What's an evaporation line?

Evaporation ("evap") lines result with the test's antibody strip just looks slightly different than the space around it. There is a line of antibodies (usually made from mouse cells) in the Control and Test section. The Control line binds with any liquid and turns pink (or blue, in tests using blue dye.) The Test/Result line turns pink only if pregnancy hormone is detected. If not, the moisture passes over this strip and does not turn pink. It may, however, become more visible when the light hits the moisture on the strip-- it may appear gray, colorless, like a "dent" in the test, or like a "ghost line." It may appear at any time-- as soon as the urine hits it, after a few minutes as the test absorbs the moisture, or after the 10-minute time limit. It may appear when the test is drying, or after it has dried. It may disappear as the test is drying, or after the test has dried, or not disappear at all.

The simple fact is that there is always "something there" that is slightly visible-- it's simply the antibodies on the test that would turn pink in the presence of hCG. When the test becomes wet, or as it dries, or after it dries, the antibody strip may become more visible. Therefore, all tests may have them. It is not a defect; it's just how tests are made.

A real positive is identified by its color (pink or blue, whatever the color of the test's dye is) and its appearance within 10 minutes of urinating on the stick. A line that appears after 10 minutes, regardless of color, must be considered an evap line and is caused by the test's chemicals changing. HPT's are rapid assay diagnostics, which means any results appearing after the "rapid" time limit of 10 minutes are invalid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back