gaviscon ?

hugsy

Reaction score
well after all the screaming episodes i called health visitor and she got doc to perscribe baby gaviscon.

Have any of use found it any good for reflux or did u end up needing medication?

Also they advised to give cooled boiled water inbetween as it can constipate but when i tried to give the water 2 hour after her feed she went mental crazy, she didnt understand being given a bottle then having it taken away, she stayed hyterical for a hour so ended up giving her next bottle early to calm her, any one else have this problem? could i maybe give her 170 ml of water instead of 150 in her bottles?

maybe give water a bit before her feed time?

wish i could help hun x

Thanks hun never thought of that lol d exhaustion is getting to me

I was lucky the doc was sick so it was a locum and happened to be the same woman who i spoke to in the emergency doc sat night and she remembered me so knew how bad Kayla was , when she phoned to say perscription was ready she was able to receipt the full story from the weekend which was nice to know she took it all in lol

awesome. i feel for you hun, im so lucky Alyssa sleeps pretty decent spans at night and im still knackered, dunno how id cope if she didnt. when i geve her a bottle of water once just before i gave her formula for the first time as she was dehydrated i did it before the formula bottle by about 30 mins. it didnt seem to make her full quicker or cause any problems with the feed afterward

Gonna try that today,

She went hysterical again last nite at 1030 so ended up feeding her early again, shes having way too much bottles at the minute but she not getting sick so maybe she does need it? the last 24 housrs she had 7 bottles of 150 ml but on the time she should only be havig 5 in 24 hours

maybe its a growth spurt as well as the reflux?

they dont worry when babies are eating lots....its when they ont eat its a worry :) she wouldnt take it if she didnt need it hun, so dont worry...

plus babies just sick up if they have overfed...

try giving a couple of teaspoons of cooled boiled water with a little syringe or pipett (sp_

xx

Some babies with reflux comfort eating because milk helps them calm the discomfort and pain.

It can be bad for them to drink too much tbh. My LO was comfort eating with silent reflux, doc said it made him worse so said to drop his feeds quite a bit, he used to be on 8oz every 2/3 hours now he's down to 5 every 2.5hrs.

xxxxx

thanks girls,

health visitor rang earlier to see how she was today so i mentioned about the bottle and she said its fine just ignore the tin and feed her what she wants but like littlemiss says when we were in hospital they said she was having too much, and that was less then she taking this week so hard to know who to believe

My HV kept telling me to give LO more oz & the baby doc at the hosp said not to. HV didn't know anything about reflux tho, she just said the usual...if its reflux they are actually sick (which isn't true)

xxxxxxxxx

its just so hard when she is hysterical they only thing to calm her is a bottle so she clearly is hungry as she wont settle with water just milk

gonna try give a bit less formula but let her have it evvery 2 hours if she wants but if she goes the 4 hours il give the full bottle ,

on a side note anyone know if u can give the gaviscon between feeds, like make it up they way u do if ur bf and give it witha spoon?

I'm not sure, because the gaviscon thickens up the feed inside the stomach, so its best to be given with the feed if that makes sense, I think if your BF'ing you need to give it as close to feed as poss, not 100% though. Gaviscon didn't work for us, neither did other meds, see if your doc can give you something better.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back