Water for upset stomach/wind?

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all
Since yesterday evening Leo has been quite unsettled and keeps moaning whilst pulling his knees up to his chest so im gathering its trapped wind but most of last night he was up been sick alot. My mam has advised me to give him some cooled boiled water, Just wondering how much i would give him and would i just pour the boiled water into one of his bottles and let it cool in there?? Sorry for asking silly questions but as of yet i havent needed to give him any water.

Thanks xx

I give o an ounce and yeah poor the water in a bottle and leave it to cool

Thanks so much hun.. Hes totally not himself bless him xx

Me too :). I wonder why he keeps been sick tho xx

Yeah I'd give it him for an upset stomach. Either left in the kettle or the bottle to cool should be fine. Either one or two oz should be fine. I hope it helps. If not then it may be worth getting in touch with the HV if he's been sick a lot it could be a bit of reflux perhaps x

Yeah I'd give it him for an upset stomach. Either left in the kettle or the bottle to cool should be fine. Either one or two oz should be fine. I hope it helps. If not then it may be worth getting in touch with the HV if he's been sick a lot it could be a bit of reflux perhaps x

Thanks hun.

I mentioned that he was been sick to the HV last time he was weighed 2 weeks ago and she mentioned reflux but then it calmed right down but its just been since last night he keeps been sick. Gettin him weighed and seeing HV on wednesday so will defo mention it but if it stays the same i will be getting in touch with them sooner.

Thanks again xx

Grrr why does boiled water seem to take ages to cool wen u need it lol. xx

Put the bottle in a jug of ice cold water and it cools much quicker xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Ok ladies sorry for been a pain.
I changed his nappy and his poo isnt half as wet as normal sorry tmi. N then i gave him 1 n 1/2 oz of water which he sicked a little of it bak up n then straight after he was crying n was tryin to suck my top so hav currently got him on the breast. He seemed to drink th water within seconds. Is there anythin else i should be doing or have done?

Xx

Your doing all the right things babe don't worry.. He could also be teething early..
An oz or two should be enough water for him to get up some wind and get him hydrated, that could also be why his poo is harder.. Best way to tell of a baby is dehydrated is to feel their soft spot, if it's dipped he is dehydrated..

Your doing all the right things babe don't worry.. He could also be teething early..
An oz or two should be enough water for him to get up some wind and get him hydrated, that could also be why his poo is harder.. Best way to tell of a baby is dehydrated is to feel their soft spot, if it's dipped he is dehydrated..

Thanks hun
Hes just been sick again so surely he wud of brought th water bk up? Hes feedin again now tho xx

It's good he's still feeding.. Mind u if he's full and feeding that may make him sick.. Might just be thirsty?
Are you bottle feeding?

It's good he's still feeding.. Mind u if he's full and feeding that may make him sick.. Might just be thirsty?
Are you bottle feeding?

No hun im breastfeeding, Ijust feel really useless xx

Babe don't feel useless!! Ellie had gastric reflux and it killed me to see her in pain every time I fed her felt such a failure.. There are some things that can't be controlled and it's nothing your doing wrong!!! Take him in to see hv when you can.. My sister said we are supposed to drink water whist feeding.. Noones told me this tho but they told her.. Make sure ur drinking and eating enough, keep to bland flavours see if it helps??

My lo has reflux, there are meds for it if it is reflux. If the poo is hard, try to give a bit of water also can be something you have eaten - like beans etc

We had big problems with wind and bringing some stuff back up after feeds. We used infacol and it worked great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back