Gall Stones!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Apparantly I have them!!!
Some of you may have noticed I was complaining of rib pain a week or so ago, well stupidly I never went to go and have it checked out as a friend told me that doctors don't even treat broken ribs and that it was more than likely just baby resting and applying pressure to them.

So yesterday was at work and the pain got a whole lot worse, starting from my right rib and going round to my back, I was doubled up in tears. Called midwife at work and she told me to go straight down to triage at the hospital.
The doc took some bloods and and had to do like a smear test, never had a smear before, so was quite worried about that part.
She asked what I'd had for lunch and I'd had a chicken and bacon baguette, and I said the pain started about an hour after that.

So she came back after about an hour and said there is a strong possibility I have gall stones! She said I'd more than likely had them before but pregnancy can irritate it so makes you aware of it and that fatty foods can make them more painful. She says they can't say for definate because they can't really do an xray while pregnant but apparantly the pain is manageable with a strict fat free diet. (No more cakes for me then :cry: ) but they would have to operate to remove them once I've had the baby!!! Which just sucks because I've already been told I'll need to have my tonsils removed once I've had the baby too, they may aswell just knock me out and get them both out the way!!! Lol.

What a sucky weekend, at least the OH is looking after me, and baby was fine on the monitor :D
xxx

I remember hun poor you hope its not too painful. Might get mine checked out again after babys born xxx

I just wish I'd have followed people's advise and got it checked out. I know it wouldn't have got rid of them but at least it might not have got to the point where I was doubled up in pain and ending up spending 5 worrying hours in the hosp! lol.
Just shows that even if you have the slightest inckling somethings not right when your pregnant you should get it checked out.
Thanks for your reply hun
xx

Poor you, that sounds right painful! Hope you can manage the symptoms for now with fat free diet x

I know what you mean, I got mine checked outwhen I was last pregnant and the xray came back fine, they thought also I had clots on the lungs (which I didnt want to say to you when I posted a reply last time as I didnt want to worry you). Jude was fine after having the xray...the worst bit was sleeping on a hospital ward and having to stay in all night with someone snoring next to me. Glad you know what it is though hun xxx

Oh gosh!! Well the doc said initially she wasnt going to send me for an xray because of baby but told me to see how i get on over the weekend with the pain and eating healthier and see how I get on. And if I'm still in pain visit my gp and ask for a referral for an xray. Worried how that will affect the baby now though. Glad it wasn't anything serious for you hun :) xx

aww poor you, first labour, then tonsils, then gall stones. suppose when its all done you can finally relax and enjoy time wtih baby. hope you feel better with the fat free diet xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back