Upper rib pain

TeeUK

Reaction score
Any one getting upper rib pain on left side...I only get it when I lay down especially on my back. It reminds me of gall stone pain...I had my gall bladder removed a few years ago so it can't be gall stones. It's a crampy feeling and really hurts...scares me as it's right next to my heart

Last edited:
i get rib pain on the left side mainly, but i get it at the back! its so annoying! i have to lay in different positions or sit up right to get rid of it!

I know I'm in tri 3 but I have had rib pain on and off for quite a while now. My midwife said it is ur uterus growing and pushing organs up, sometimes now it is quite painful and I thought the other day it was my heart or a blood clot on my lung lol if u sit straight or lay back and put ur heads above ur head as if stretching it really does help x

Thanks girls...I'll try the stretching thing...it's horrible feels like I'm going to have heart attack...not that I know what that feels like mind lol

I'm in tri3 now but since the beginning of tri2 i had a lot of pain around my right lower ribs that has got progressively worse the further along i get. My mw said it's probably ligament strain as there are 4 ligament (2 on each side) that suspend your womb, and as baby gets bigger they have to work harder. For some reason the ones on my right seem to have decided to bear the brunt of the work! It really does feel sore sometimes, like stretching and cramping. Ick, the joys of pregnancy! xx

I've had the same, but only in my right side. Mentioned it to MW and she just shrugged and said 'Baby is probably layed on a nerve' :eh:

If a midwife says that to me I will tell her...well I had it before I got preg so explain that! It just seems worse since I got preg...looked it up on google and some say it could be ulcer :eh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back