Everything related to Gall stones...unfortunately!

setdse

Reaction score
Hey girls sorry i havent been on all week! majorly behind on all the gossip now... not impressed! :shakehead: but i have been in and out of hispital with sever pains in my stomach! after several trips to a&e they finally decided to get off their bums and do something and have scanned me and told me i have gall stones! :wall2: Even had one stuck in a duct but i managed to dislodge it and it came out!

As i had 3 attacks in 24hrs they want to take my whole gall bladder out! :shock:
but was told it can take up to 8wish to fully recover and wouldnt be able to use stairs well and wouldnt be able to hold my lil man! So i stuck my foot down and said no!

Has anyone else had/have gall stones??

I really do what it out because when i have attacks i cant walk let alone look after Dylan!

Advice please girls! What can i do to stop attacks while im waiting for a better time to have op?? and what was it like for you after the op!??

xx

My mother had gallstones and had to have her gall gladder out. I think she was fine after a week or two though not the 8 weeks they are telling you. She had hers out straight away and I dont think anything helped her beforehand except a better diet. Less greasy stuff, eating slower and not eating so late at night helps. Also helps if you could find out what your triggers are? Sorry I'm not much help!

nah thats great emma!
Chocolate and milk are the two things i have spotted so far oh and anything with caffeine eg tea coke etc (i dont drink coffee)

I was told its likely to be key hole surgery which is 2wish but sometimes there are complictions and they have to make a bigger cut and that can take upto 8wish to heal! My friend showed me hers today and its about 20cm long!

Just dont know if i wanna risk it atm cos Dylan is still so young and im the main career and would be pretty much useless as wont be able to carry him or anything!

I had gallstones and had my gallbladder removed - they were able to do it via keyhole surgery so all I had after was 4 tiny scars. I was also up and about quite quickly after it - is keyhole not an option for you? I guess it depends how debilitating your gallstone attacks are as to whether surgery is right for you. Much sympathy though - the attacks are horrific x

im not really sure. he said key hole surgery but then was going on about 8w recoveries. think it might be cos i had one stuck in a duct so they'd have to operate there too.

I know the pains are excruciating! worse then labour!

congrats on your new arrival too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back