I wish some had told me!!!

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

I'm posting this on here becuase I wish someone would have told me this could happen after giving birth.

I was in hospital on Wednesday until yesterday because I have gall stones and pancreatitis! Apparantly it's very common after pregnancy and nobody warned me before I left hospital with Jack!! You may get lots of after pains once you've had you're little ones but please take notice of where the pains are and how long they last. If you get an intense pain under you're boobs that radiates around you back (like someone has put an eastic band around you) it's what I experienced 3 times before I went to A&E!

I came home yesterday after having countless needles in me and I have to go back to hospital in 6 weeks to see whether I need my gall bladder removed. Until then my pains could flair back up at any time (which means defo surgery!) and i'm on a strict no fat diet.

I'm so not meaning to scare anyone, I just wish I knew about it before giving birth so I could be kinda prepared!

I'm sure you'll all be fine though! x

Last edited:
A had me son 6 years ago same thing happened to me they said was hormone produced during pregnancy that caused gallstones as a was young 21 the pain was unbearable for me came went 1 day then few days later a felt as if a was having hear attack would have child anyway a was on waiting list have removed but a couldn't cope so went a and e most bites for week they decided to do there then and I have never looked bak a also develop overactive thyroid after pregnancy also these things happens and a wasn't aware also and know not nice but chin up Hun u will feel million dollars better if gotta be removed xx

can this happen before you give birth? Ive been getting pain under my boobs radiating around to my back. It was so bad i spent hours in bed yesterday x

ah, thats ok, i had mine out 3 years ago lol! massive amounts of sympathy though, it hurts like hell. My gallstones got stuck in the pancreatic duct. makes me wince just thinking about it.

can this happen before you give birth? Ive been getting pain under my boobs radiating around to my back. It was so bad i spent hours in bed yesterday x

If this pain is like extremely painful like 8/10 you've probs got a uti infection in the kidney. I went hospital wiv this pain 3 weeks ago as it was unbearable and i cudnt sleep, sit or stand up properly. I got oh to take me to the hospital thinkin my ovarian cyst had burst but it was a kidney infection..tgey had to give me a weeks anti-biotics n painkillers bt they didn't work till a few days after. The nurses told me many women mistaken this pain as severe labour pains... now im prayin for a planned c-section lmao!! Hope this helps x

If this pain is like extremely painful like 8/10 you've probs got a uti infection in the kidney. I went hospital wiv this pain 3 weeks ago as it was unbearable and i cudnt sleep, sit or stand up properly. I got oh to take me to the hospital thinkin my ovarian cyst had burst but it was a kidney infection..tgey had to give me a weeks anti-biotics n painkillers bt they didn't work till a few days after. The nurses told me many women mistaken this pain as severe labour pains... now im prayin for a planned c-section lmao!! Hope this helps x

thank you i didn't think it would be regnancy related because the pains were so high up. Might go get checked out. did you go to normal a&e or through midwives? (they are in different hospitaks for me) x

thank you i didn't think it would be regnancy related because the pains were so high up. Might go get checked out. did you go to normal a&e or through midwives? (they are in different hospitaks for me) x

Well im the same my nearest hospital does not have a labour ward anymore and i went there n they told me i shud go to the hospital im havin the baby at. But i went to a&e at that hospital n they sent me to delivery which was scary!! If i was u id just phone midwife or ur hospital n see wa they say... save all the rushin round lol xx

Well im the same my nearest hospital does not have a labour ward anymore and i went there n they told me i shud go to the hospital im havin the baby at. But i went to a&e at that hospital n they sent me to delivery which was scary!! If i was u id just phone midwife or ur hospital n see wa they say... save all the rushin round lol xx

Hope you're ok hunni and recover swiftly. Massive :hug: x

HI, I didn't know that, will keep it in mind.. thanks for the warning.. x

Hiya, I'm not sure if it can happen during pregnancy but apparantly pregnant women can't get rid of the bile in their gall bladder properly which can cause the gall bladder to make gall stones.

I was back in A&E for 5 hours last night because it now hurts to eat! Literally as I swallow a mouthful of food it hurts! Turns out the stupid surgeon when I was admitted didn't prescribe me the right painkillers aswell as 2 other tablets to settle my pancreas!

I'm now going back in 2 weeks instead of 6 weeks for a date for surgery but until then I have 2 take 5 different tablets 4 times a day and have to live on a soup & nourishment milkshake diet because they can't operate while my pancreas is swollen so we need to trick the gall bladder into thinking i'm only having 'fluids' so that the pancreas can heal!

It's not pleasent but i'm pain free finally and i'm home with my Jack so who cares!! :) x

awww hun, so glad your back home and things are being moved along quickly!

really makes you wonder why they don't mention things like this, especially as its common knowledge about heartburn/acid reflux! it's all linked really isn't it!

get well soon hun big :hugs: x

Yep it's all linked! I had very very painful heartburn in TRI3 which was probably the start of the gall stones aswell as general pregnancy heartburn, yes Jack has tons of hair which they say causes heartburn but I literally felt like I could've breathed fire!

Just take note of your after pains ladies! x

claire i have had the band of pain around chest and back and last night was up all night with really bad belly pain. couldnt keep off the toilet. sorry tmi.

is this similar to what you had. ive had a headache for the last 3 days aswell. xxx

Poor you, sounds really nasty. Thanks for the heads up.

Geez that really sucks that you were at the hospital again! Hope you make a speedy recovery. Massive :hug:

Yep it's all linked! I had very very painful heartburn in TRI3 which was probably the start of the gall stones aswell as general pregnancy heartburn, yes Jack has tons of hair which they say causes heartburn but I literally felt like I could've breathed fire!

Just take note of your after pains ladies! x

OMG just seen this post after my post earlier today! Been to docs and he's sending me for a scan for gall stones :( I'm 33 and a bit weeks and in agony! Still got nearly 2 weeks left at work, can hardly eat and feel thoroughly fed up! They can't give me anything for the pain either!

Hope u get all sorted hun xx

Aww hun I Hope its not gall stones! Keep us posted! x

Thanks hun, you too..........how are you feeling? :hugs:

I just rang up to make my appt and the snooty ‘lady’ on the x ray department reception said…there’s no point in scanning you while your pregnant as they wont be able to do anything anyway!! Eeeerrrrrmmm whose she to make that decision? So I pointed out that I was fully aware of this but the DOCTOR would like to set the ball rolling so if it is gallstones they can look at options for after the birth! Anyway she wouldn’t make the appt and insisted that she needed to talk to her consultant first!! GRRRRR!! So sat here at my desk, hungry, peed off and in pain!! :wall2:

Cant wait to finish work next Friday.............sorry chick Ive just totally highjacked your post and moaned and whinged!! xx

Moan away hun! They starved me for 36 hours when I was admitted last week! I was hooked up to a drip and was allowed to sip water but that was it! When they finally let me eat and a nurse got me some lunch i've no idea what it was but it was gone in seconds lol. I'm only allowed to eat soup at the mo which sucks!

So are you having a scan now or not? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back