• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fuming!

Oh, but you've gone and made me google Sri Lankan iced coffee now and that's led to all sorts of trouble, reading about Sri Lankan food. Oh my! I think it's lunch time...

Sri Lankan food is awsome, thankfully I love anything with coconut in it!

I now want hoppers.... :shock:

I completely understand why you'd be angry hun, I would be too. I agree talking to your hubby at the appropriate time is key, if he's anything like mine picking a stressful time can not only back fire and end up with the 2 of you in a row but also him taking her side. Explaining it rationally should ensure he understand where you're coming from. I'd also want him to understand that should this kind of thing happen when the baby's here he will need to step in and stand up for you xxx

Just to echo everyone else - you are totally within your rights to feel annoyed about this.

I agree it is best to approach hubby at a better time however if it were me I'd have been straight round to M-I-L's (I am a bull in a china shop though but thankfully my M-I-L is lovely!!)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
This is awful, how dare she do that :( I'd be fuming too xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

That's completely awful :( I would be vicious really...
On a different note while on university having a party where lot of Muslim colleagues were invited too we decided to go ahead and make the same cake and cocktails but instead of alcohol to use essence of rum.
It tasted exactly like alcohol you couldn't really tell the difference.
The whole thing got a weird turn when a bunch of our colleagues got up and left claiming that they had being lied and there was alcohol in the cake and the cocktails....
It took a while to actually explain things back then lol...

Oh, but you've gone and made me google Sri Lankan iced coffee now and that's led to all sorts of trouble, reading about Sri Lankan food. Oh my! I think it's lunch time...

droool!! we had hoppers on honeymoon our had an egg in it, served with our curry - they were amazing..... xx

I'd be annoyed too! You certainly don't expect to be lied to. I don't really drink normally either maybe at a bday get together or Xmas but I don't expect others to stop. Oh's stepdad was offering drinks on Monday and said I know the answer will be no but if you want a small glass let me know but you'll probably prefer a coke. To which I answered thanks yes a coke will be lovely!

I'd be tempted to find and print off some info or guidelines about alcohol and pregnancy and leave it laying around next time she visited!

Not that you should have to explain yourself to her but maybe she'll find it informative!

droool!! we had hoppers on honeymoon our had an egg in it, served with our curry - they were amazing..... xx

Gosh... sorry to hijack the thread for a drool-fest. It always comes back to food for me, sorry. I was reading about hoppers earlier and they look amazing. Drool...

Hope you feel better about it all soon, KarateKid. xxx

That is so wrong, and I would definitely make sure my hubby confronted her about it if it was me!! Her behaviour was manipulative, and I think you need to let her know that you can see through it!! Maybe you could make a casual comment to her next time you see her like 'that iced coffee was lovely, can I have the recipe?', or something like that to bring the subject up.
I would be furious too at being manipulated and lied to! MIL syndrome appears to be a very common thing I'm afraid, and it is classic scenario that the son doesnt realise what his Mother can be like, or if he does finds it easier to turn a blind eye to it! That makes it all the more frustrating for you I am sure!!! xx

This is actually disgusting!!
Please dont let it go. She deserves a good telling off in my opinion.

omg :/ that is soo wrong !!!!!

i'd be fuming too!! how horrible of her xxx

That is really not on hun! If people chose to drink a small amount in pregnancy that is their perogative but you clearly stated you didn't want it! Why on earth would she lie about it? I would be fuming too!

XX

Sorry just seeing this now. I have nothing to say that the other ladies havent already said, but just wanted to support you. Makes me mad when we make personal decisions because we think they are best for our lo and people dont respect that.
Dont worry, you will have your revenge once lo is here, because then she will have no choice but to respect your parenting ideas.

My mum bought me an apple martini at a party after asking the other pregnant girl what she was drinking not knowing she asked for a non alcoholic one, I was really thirsty and drank it fast then a couple of mins later I had a warm feeling in my tummy......."Mummm???" :shock:

I told MW straight away and she said don't worry.

It's annoying but don't worry, lo will be fine.:)

Xx

You should ask for the recipe!!!

It's a pretty standard recipie both my Grandma and my mum have always put whisky/bailey's into it, that is why I questioned my MIL when I thought I could taste alcohol....

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back