Private scan / Alcohol

I've had a few drinks in this pregnancy. If we go out or occasionally if DH brings home a bottle at the weekend, I will have one glass of red wine. I've also had one shandy at a BBQ and a glass of Pimms at a wedding.

I had a few drinks when pregnant with Lennon too.

god thats awful :( i couldnt live with myself if i done that to my child!!

I know stupid little girls who do coke all the way through and et hammered every weekend but their babys are fine.. makes me angry coz some people who do everything they can for their baby, end up with children with serious health problems :(

I dont see anything wrong with a couple of alcopops every now and then. I went to butlins for a week with the kids in april and had about 3 an evening for 3/4 nights while we were out.. had to stay in the other nights as the kids got that bloody illness at bognor :mad:

Was that sickness bug about in april in bognor? we went in june and it was really bad we were lucky enough not to get it but we did come home from our holiday a bit earlier as i was so worried about one of us getting it and having to travel home!

Yeah it was... gutted coz it ruined the week there... only found out recently they gave full refunds to people who complained.. we were unaware of the bug going around just thought it was our bad luck.. (there was an ambulance at reception once but we thought it was something else) they had the hand wash things everywhere, where they hadnt had them the yr before...
Im gutted we didnt complain sooner :( we did write in the review they asked us to write that the girls were sick..

I had a private scan at 16weeks and the baby was hiding its privates, so i went back at 18 weeks and was told it was 70% likely to be a girl so im now waiting for my 20week scan to confirm the 70%.

if i was to go throug another pregnancy again i wouldnt go for the private scan i would just wait. the doctor who scanned me said its never 100% and at 18weeks its only 70% and they would only guarentee upto 95% after the 20 week mark, he showed me some pictures and i was then shocked to see how easy it is to mix up the sex sometimes.

My Friends SIL had the 20week scan and was told a girl but when baby came out it was a boy :-/

i was also told that from having the sexing scan if your told the sex is a boy, you are defo having a boy but if you were told girl there is always a small chance of it being a boy

xx

Ive seen boys be girls and girls be boys before the 20w mark.. its never 100% until birth.. but i would highly recommend the private scanning not for gender but for the personal experience :) x

yh i find this woman quite disgusting! my OH has a disability and made his life hell for a few years because he had all this disability equipment and her daughter didnt.. then at xmas she told him to go slit his wrists! & was racist towards him.. and then boxing day ruined & christmas due to throwing a party to piss us off & had a housefull of pissheads with music blaring until 4am..pretty sad really! anyway shes moved across the road now thank god! her day will come i guess :D

I have had alcohol while pregnant (nothing in 1st tri though as I couldn't even stand the smell of the stuff!). However, when I started to feel a bit more normal in the second trimester I've had an occasional glass of wine, less than once a week, and a glass of champagne for my graduation. I also regularly have a bottle of Tesco's 0.5% cider which is essentially non alcoholic and has been a real lifesaver with the hot days we've been having down here.

I really wouldn't worry about two small glasses of alcopops. It's very little alcohol and almost all of it would have been dealt with by your liver before getting anywhere near your baby. It's like someone said earlier, moderation is the key, so as long as you don't binge or get drunk your baby should be just fine :)

Admittedly, from what I've seen living here over the last 18 years, many if not most British people are not good at drinking moderately, so I can completely understand doctors going a bit overboard with the advice.

Last edited:
yh i find this woman quite disgusting! my OH has a disability and made his life hell for a few years because he had all this disability equipment and her daughter didnt.. then at xmas she told him to go slit his wrists! & was racist towards him.. and then boxing day ruined & christmas due to throwing a party to piss us off & had a housefull of pissheads with music blaring until 4am..pretty sad really! anyway shes moved across the road now thank god! her day will come i guess :D

Karma is a bitch!

Thats awful :( what a disgusting 'human being'

everything works out in the end though :) x

hi im with pinkyprincess i got drunk before i found out i was pregnant!! i was worried but your body is a wonderful thing and keeps baby safe, its if you do it constantly then your body cant keep up with everything going on. a little drink wont do you any harm and as for baby jumping when the mum drank alcohol im sure it would do the same with a cold or hot drink, it dont go through you that quick.

Dont worry at all it will stress you out and thats not good for baby xxxxxxxx

god thats awful :( i couldnt live with myself if i done that to my child!!

I know stupid little girls who do coke all the way through and et hammered every weekend but their babys are fine.. makes me angry coz some people who do everything they can for their baby, end up with children with serious health problems :(

I dont see anything wrong with a couple of alcopops every now and then. I went to butlins for a week with the kids in april and had about 3 an evening for 3/4 nights while we were out.. had to stay in the other nights as the kids got that bloody illness at bognor :mad:

Was that sickness bug about in april in bognor? we went in june and it was really bad we were lucky enough not to get it but we did come home from our holiday a bit earlier as i was so worried about one of us getting it and having to travel home!

Yeah it was... gutted coz it ruined the week there... only found out recently they gave full refunds to people who complained.. we were unaware of the bug going around just thought it was our bad luck.. (there was an ambulance at reception once but we thought it was something else) they had the hand wash things everywhere, where they hadnt had them the yr before...
Im gutted we didnt complain sooner :( we did write in the review they asked us to write that the girls were sick..

tbh i think they were only giving refunds to the people who went home with the illness and the refund was only for the days they missed thats what i got told anyway x

Hello!

I went to Window to the Womb in Wollaton and the scan was amazing!! loved the whole experience. The staff were lovely, we were going to buy two sets of the piccies and the man said he would put them on to a disk for us as it would be cheaper to get them developed at Tesco!

The guy that greets you is a little bit OTT, and we had to wait 45 mins after the appointment time but all in all great experience and I would deffo recommend it.

The woman was able to tell really quickly what sex mine was and went through everything in detail, pointing out her little nose etc it was really good!

Deffo worth the £50!

x

Hello!

I went to Window to the Womb in Wollaton and the scan was amazing!! loved the whole experience. The staff were lovely, we were going to buy two sets of the piccies and the man said he would put them on to a disk for us as it would be cheaper to get them developed at Tesco!

The guy that greets you is a little bit OTT, and we had to wait 45 mins after the appointment time but all in all great experience and I would deffo recommend it.

The woman was able to tell really quickly what sex mine was and went through everything in detail, pointing out her little nose etc it was really good!

Deffo worth the £50!

x

Its the wollaton one where we are going! I think I am going to risk it, it will be £50 well spent I think :)

Thanks load everyone for comments & advice, I really appreciate it & you have all put my mind at rest, thanks :) x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back