Frustrated Toddler?

Sassyminx

Reaction score
Finley is 14mths now, and ive noticed that recently he has started becoming really angry when he cant do something, to the point he is headbutting the floor/cot/me and Lee and stamping his feet :shock:

Is this normal for a toddler of his age? i honestly cant remember if the other 2 did it, though Josh used to headbutt quite a lot until he was about 3?

Last night he was trying to climb out of his cot, but because he couldnt do it, he threw a strop and started banging his head off the cot base, but that obviously wasnt good enough as he then started doing it off the cot head board, which is wood :?

He's also taken to hating going in the car the past week or so, screams and whimpers loads whilst in the seat and tries his hardest to straighten to get out ( obviously the harness stops it )

He doesnt do it in his pushchair or highchair, but just the car seat :shock:

He still wont sleep through the night either :(

Arianna went through a stage like this...

I think in their minds, they think "I'm big now... I should be able to do...." and then when they try and fail it gets the better of them.

She still does it occasionally but nowhere near as bad as she was.

I know it can be so tiring when they are like this... but this stage didnt last too long with her. :hug:

Tom has taken to crying and arching his back when I put him in the carseat and pushchair. I just say 'no' and give him a serious look (!) and that seems to do the trick to get him in there and then I give him something to hold or play with to distract him.

thats what finley does when hes going into his car seat, he doesnt do it in his pushchair though just the car

Yeah Nathans does it too. Hes always head butting stuff and gets himself in a right strop. We don't have any problem getting him in a car seat but he HATES being put into his pram. I have to pin him down while hes kicking and screaming to strap him in.

yeah luke does the arching of the back thing when i go to put him in the pushchair, hes very frustrated at the moment he needs to walk on his own so badly ut he just won't. sounds like a common phase they go through.

i contemplated puttin a bloody helmet on Jam, just to stop with the headbutting, any little thing he couldnt do then he'd aim straight at the nearest hard thing - Iv found tellin him to do it harder makes him stop cos im puttin all my attention on him and he doesnt like it and stops, especially if I raise my eyebrow!!! :lol:

If i tell finley off, he will get a quivering lip and then burst into tears, he definitely knows what " no " means, but it doesnt stop him from headbutting, i think ill just ignore him from now on see if that puts a stop to it

OH and is anyone elses 14mth old not sleeping through the night? Finleys STILL having 2 bottles of milk through the night, HV said to try and water it down to wean him off, meaning the last 2 nights neither me or Lee have had any sleep as hes been whimpering all night because he was hungry, to the point he was screaming at 4am :shock:

I think id rather have him on 2 bottles during the night than put up with this lack of sleep, if he takes a while to come off it, its tough!

Only just cut out the daily bottles as he is really bad with it, hes on water and juice now and seems to be managing, but the night time feeds are a nuisance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back