Help!!! Can't settle him :(

has he been doing it for long. G's like this just now. im hoping its just a wee phase they go through. no advice im afraid, as shes little so i can rock her off. xx

:hugs: i can sympathise, yesterday me and harry had a full on battle of wills over naps, needless to say he won and didnt nap which resulted in a rubbish night lastnight.

how about a spin in the car, thats always my last resort.

TBH everyone's just terrified of attempting the cot during the day, the old buggy never failed to send him off.

Just texted my MIL to bring back the old buggy, gave it to her to store in the attic :( Feeling so rubbish about all this, am due a good cry.

awww hun...ur not rubbish at all...u r totally fab..think every mum has something they feel they r not doin fab at.
mine is masterin sleeping thru the night xxx

H is exactly the same never falls asleep easily but he does drift off of his own accord in his pushchair but we bought a fleecy liner for it, he wouldnt sleep in it if it was just the pushchair but I guess the fleecy liner is more snuggly!! Then if he kicks off I just rock the pushchair till he is calm then he drops off!! Bear in mind that the heat makes it hard for them to sleep aswell!!
xxx

H is exactly the same never falls asleep easily but he does drift off of his own accord in his pushchair but we bought a fleecy liner for it, he wouldnt sleep in it if it was just the pushchair but I guess the fleecy liner is more snuggly!! Then if he kicks off I just rock the pushchair till he is calm then he drops off!! Bear in mind that the heat makes it hard for them to sleep aswell!!
xxx
Where did you get the liner from? :hug:

oh hun

just wanted to send hugs to you hun, and i know how you feel as my last baby played up rotten for naps in the day and night always rocked or cudded to sleep and he still has to fall asleep on settee now before i can put him to bed and he is 4 !!so thats the reason why A falls asleep relatively easy as i have always put him down on bean big or rocker/bouncer chair thingy and cot at night to fall asleep on his own without the fuss :)

as for the tendinitis i totally sympathis i could sometimes wake up in tears at the pain in my shouder esp whenn i couldnt lift my arm to comb my hair, but i had steroid injections 3 years ago for it, and no more probs since so can you not get that treated which will help you in the long run :) xxx

Mine is icandy to fit my pram but you can get em from mothercare that fit most pushchairs, you cud try just lying a fleece blanket on the bottom of the pushchair before you put him in to see if it works?? It is frustrating when they just wont sleep, makes the day go very slowly!!
xxx

Ish I started letting Tyler play in his cot while I potter around the bedroom and he's going down amazingly at the moment. I've also noticed that putting him down an hour and 15 mins of being awake is the optimum time for him!

So sorry you're feeling like this :( but you're not failing anything!! Hipefully its just a phase, babies change everyday one day they love naps one day they hate them, max is like this one week then the next he's so bother at all.

The seahorse looks so good think I'm gonna give it a go!

Good luck hope it works for you xxxxxx

Ish I started letting Tyler play in his cot while I potter around the bedroom and he's going down amazingly at the moment. I've also noticed that putting him down an hour and 15 mins of being awake is the optimum time for him!

I meant an hour and 45!!! DOH!

It's probably my fault, I am the most distracted person and I don't 'do' routines, I just do whatever feels right at the time...

We don't do a routine we just stick to when he's put down for naps if that makes sense

That's it, time to publicly humiliate him :D

Attachments

• IMG_3573.JPG
    IMG_3573.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 15
Wss, I think im a little bit in love with Vincent lol x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Just wanted to add that u r not rubbish at all hun! Like others have said! We all worry about stuff we do and the decisions we make but at the end of the day we just do what works for us and LO, no right or wrong!
I don't know if it helps but it could also be to do with him coming up to 6 months- fussy phase/growth spurt kinda time. I find Ethan never naps as well when he's going thru one of these. Dont worry hun, you'll get him napping happily again soon, just hang in there! Bloomin' heat dont help- I've been cranky all day!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back