From miscarriages to miracle - James Michael. Our sticky bean born on Daddy's B'day

How's breast feeding going for you love?

xxxxxxx

Breast feeding didn't go great for us, we spent two days at the hospital and I thought bub was latching just fine but the night we got him he just screamed and screamed and when we got up the next morning (after about an hours sleep) he was quite lifeless and his lips were dry.

Luckily I had some bottles and a microwaveable sterliser so I got my sister to bring round some formula and hey presto little man was well fed and content.

Breast feeding woman came round that afternoon and MW was also here neither of them could really help.... but bub def wasn't latching properly and he wasn't taking enough milk - you could see by the suck to gulp ratio.

So I took the decision to express for him and have been doing that since I got my electric pump a week ago.

I threw in a few formula feeds in the early days but I am now on day 5 of 100% expressing my breast milk.

He is a fab eater (4fl oz every 4 hours) and he isn't a sicky or windy baby!

The downside is of course that I am now expressing every 3-4 hours, and sterlising so I have extra "work" but I am totally fine with it all.

xxxxxxxx

Great journal so far Nat! Glad to see you've been out and about :) baby James is just gorgeous!!

x

Thanks hun - I see you are in the "1am club" as well??

How are things going? How is Madison getting along!

Lol yes 1am club!! Usually anytime between 1 and 3am is feeding time!
Madison is doing really well, so far I've been very lucky and have a little lady who loves to eat then sleep, bf is going well i can't grumble. Not looking forward to oh going back to work in a week!

I bet you can't wait to see what your sil has! I hope it's pink so you can indulge in your pink!! :) we bought M's Xmas babygrow today!! Hehe She has a little reindeer outfit! Lol

Nat you are doing so well to be expressing full time, I haven't started yet obviously but am in awe of you exclusively expressing ladies.
Was wondering how your sil is getting on, how are you feeling about their imminent delivery now your LO is here? Less worried I hope xxxx

Thanks for all the advice Tweety. The bra tip is genius :lol:

mrswoody, so glad to hear BF is going well for you hun...

We're off to register little man this morning, then we plan to do some shopping.

I've not even bought James anything yet, he's had so many gifts!!!

MW due round later as well to [hopefully] discharge us to HV.

First community MW I had is the same one who saw my SIL through her last pregnancy and her current one and the other CMW that came saw both my sisters boys - my sis was actually here when she came so it was a reunion LOL

xxxxxx

Morning honey,

Lovely to hear that you are doing so well. The little man is totally edible!

xxxxx

Hi honey! :) Found your journal! Sounds like you're doing really well anyway. I can't imagine leaving the house with Harry on my own yet.... Your little man is so gorgeous, but I didn't need to tell you that! I should really start a journal as it would be good to record stuff about Harry's progress, but there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day right now! Keep going hon! You're doing a great job!! xxx

Just found this..... STALKING!!!!

Sounds like everything is going well hunny x x

We've had a testing day today!

OH is back at work (he had a long weekend after going back 3 days last week) and James just wouldn't settle for me.

He's also been leaking through the crappy Pampers I've been using! So far today he's pissed through his bouncy chair cover and he's leaked wee through onto the bed linen...

Not sure why I am having such trouble with the nappies today??

OH was going to pop out but I've been so upset since he got home that he's totally taken over with baby to give me a little break.

I am upset as I hate that my little man keeps getting wet - I am chaging him so much as he hates being changed, he screams blue murder and I feel so bad for making him upset....

Day 13 has not been our happiest.

BUT tomorrow is a new day and my Mum will drop in a selection of nappies.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ahhh chin up I think it's the number thirteen brings bad luck.....
Tomorrow is a new day! Different nap pies may suit him depending on his shape!
Cup of tea and bed always makes me feel better!xxx

Tomorrow is a new day Hun and you'll get through each and every bad day (I'll need you to remind of that when I get there!). Hope the new nappies are better Hun, I'm sure you'll crack it soon xxxx

Sorry you had such a day :( I think most little boys leak the first days when you fold down the diaper. They told me at hospital that is better to not fold down the diaper as it then rubs on the clothes and its worst. To just give her some diaper off time each day.
So that's how I did it and it was perfectly fine.
We settles perfectly fine with pampers but we did have some poo out and about....
Make sure you put the elastic out from the leg sides. Not that I think anything can stop some of those explosive poos lol...
I hope you will have a better day today :)

I found, after trying many different brands of nappies, that Aldi nappies were the best. I popped in once a fortnight and stocked up on them and they really were better than the leading brands. I'm guessing they are still as good, my last baby was 12 years ago, so don't shout at me if they changed them and they are now rubbish lol.

I converted many of my friends to Aldi nappies all those years ago :D xxx

Hope you had a better day today Nat? Just wondering - are you doing the nappies up tightly enough hon? We had a few leaky nappies at the start but I think we weren't doing them up tight enough... Harry sometimes cries his eyes out and it's it's heart breaking, but I try to tell myself it's just his way of communicating and maybe he's not really that upset?? Hope you manage to get on top of the leaky nappy situation anyway.... xxx

Awe hun, I had the same with Jacob, I had him on huggies for first size and pampers and lottle angels now, have you tried turning over the top, I ha to do this to stop Jacob leaking through? X x

Hi ladies,

We've gone up to size 2 nappies and *touch wood* things are much better!!!

My little James monster seems to have decided he doesn't need to sleep :roll: He cat naps in the day but the past two nights have been horrible!!

Not sure if he has a touch of an upset tummy though (lots of poo's going on??) he seems fine in himself - eating as normal, nosey as always!

Today little man is going to meet his Aunty for the first time, OH's sister lives in Dublin and came over late last night so I am expecting her anytime soon. Also food shopping due and hopefully Mummy can have a lay-down at some point this afternoon??

xxxxxxxxx

busy busy as always nat, bet auntie is very excited!! Bet the nights are tough, you sounds like you are coping well though, glad the nappy issues might have been resolved, i'll be bearing that in mind if i have issues!

At around 10 days old colics start. Colic pains start late afternoon and until early morning. Are you sure he hasn't have colics?
I hope your nappy problems solved :love:

Lovely journal! He's such a gorgeous boy!

I'm exclusively expressing too, loving it! I've done the bra thing and got a second hand double pump which is brilliant, I was getting shattered doing one breast at a time.

Hope James enjoys his time with his Aunty today x

Harry likes to be awake at night a lot too! It's so hard isn't it?! Hope you manage to catch up with some sleep soon. By the way, have you tried a dummy? We have found this can help Harry settle a bit if he's half way to sleep. We only give it to him as a last resort though when he doesn't seem to be settling any other way.... xxx

We've just had a 2 hour nap. Bliss!!!

I hope he doesn't have colic, bless him. What are the symptoms?

We do use a dummy ceebee, as last resort and it can be effective.. sometimes

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back