From miscarriages to miracle - James Michael. Our sticky bean born on Daddy's B'day

We're going to venture out today! Only to my Mum's (she is about 3 minutes away LOL!!)

My sister is going to meet me in-case I need any help with the pram....

So far James has been up since 8.30am and had 3 nappy changes!! It is relentless. On the plus side he has stopped screaming as much when I do his bum...

I have a friend coming round for tea and cake at lunchtime and MIL will no doubt turn up at some point as she's not been round for 2 whole days bless her.

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Good to see your gettin out and about with Lil man, the fresh air will do you good!

Its madness to read couple weeks ago you were patiently waiting now your running around cleaning nappies having 2 hour naps. AH - I am sure it is all worth it.

Now its my turn to wait.. LOL enjoy your outing & visitors! Xxxx

Naw hope your adventure outside went ok hun xxx

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

Naw hope your adventure outside went ok hun xxx

:whistle: fapatalking :whistle:

Well it was OK I guess!!

I managed to get myself and the pram out but had to get OH out of the bath to help us in... Then got all upset as obviously I can't rely on OH always being in?

It was only because it was peeing down though.

So I can never go out when it rains :roll: :shock:

xxxxxxxx

I'm sure it's just practise Hun, get out in the dry and I'm sure you'll get it figured out in no time Hun, it's still early days xxxx

I still can't fold and unfold the pram...

I'm dreading this lol in Scotland we always have shitty weather! I just keep thinking of the good times in the sun when baby is a bit bigger, it's just adjusting to a new way of life you'll get the hang of managing in and out with pram and baby soon enough.

xxxxxxxx

After a 2 hour nap I feel loads better!

I even managed to make dinner and hang a wash out... Bub is still asleep now so I am watching X-Factor with cake :lol:

xxxxxxxx

It's weird how when your body needs it adjusts to shorter naps, where as before you would be half dead!

Well done on dinner and washings!

How's breast feeding going for you love?

xxxxxxx

Great journal so far Nat! Glad to see you've been out and about :) baby James is just gorgeous!!

x

xxxxxxx

Breast feeding didn't go great for us, we spent two days at the hospital and I thought bub was latching just fine but the night we got him he just screamed and screamed and when we got up the next morning (after about an hours sleep) he was quite lifeless and his lips were dry.

Luckily I had some bottles and a microwaveable sterliser so I got my sister to bring round some formula and hey presto little man was well fed and content.

Breast feeding woman came round that afternoon and MW was also here neither of them could really help.... but bub def wasn't latching properly and he wasn't taking enough milk - you could see by the suck to gulp ratio.

So I took the decision to express for him and have been doing that since I got my electric pump a week ago.

I threw in a few formula feeds in the early days but I am now on day 5 of 100% expressing my breast milk.

He is a fab eater (4fl oz every 4 hours) and he isn't a sicky or windy baby!

The downside is of course that I am now expressing every 3-4 hours, and sterlising so I have extra "work" but I am totally fine with it all.

xxxxxxxx

Great journal so far Nat! Glad to see you've been out and about :) baby James is just gorgeous!!

x

Thanks hun - I see you are in the "1am club" as well??

How are things going? How is Madison getting along!

Last edited:
Hey hun, slowly venturing back on to the forum and found ur journal. I just have to say James is a gorgeous boy and I love love love his name. My DH wanted Harry to have James Michael as his middle names, but I said we have to save James for baby boy number 2, lol if we have another!!

As for sleeping it does slowly get better as baby starts to sleep longer, but they soon go backwards again! I think I am up more now at night than I was when he was a newborn!!

Well done for keeping up with the expressing I did it for 4 weeks when Harry needed his tongue tie sorted out, but still bf at times. So u are super mum expressing 100%, it is hard work but so worth it if u can keep it up :) xx

xxxxxxx

Breast feeding didn't go great for us, we spent two days at the hospital and I thought bub was latching just fine but the night we got him he just screamed and screamed and when we got up the next morning (after about an hours sleep) he was quite lifeless and his lips were dry.

Luckily I had some bottles and a microwaveable sterliser so I got my sister to bring round some formula and hey presto little man was well fed and content.

Breast feeding woman came round that afternoon and MW was also here neither of them could really help.... but bub def wasn't latching properly and he wasn't taking enough milk - you could see by the suck to gulp ratio.

So I took the decision to express for him and have been doing that since I got my electric pump a week ago.

I threw in a few formula feeds in the early days but I am now on day 5 of 100% expressing my breast milk.

He is a fab eater (4fl oz every 4 hours) and he isn't a sicky or windy baby!

The downside is of course that I am now expressing every 3-4 hours, and sterlising so I have extra "work" but I am totally fine with it all.

xxxxxxxx

x

Thanks hun - I see you are in the "1am club" as well??

How are things going? How is Madison getting along!

Ahh I had read that you were expressing - your boobies must be in agony LOL we have the micro steriliser apparently they are better than the big ones - we don't have a lot of kitchen space so it can sit in the microwave to save space!

Awww little lamb he must have been thinking where's my milk? Mummy, a little help here lol! My niece wasn't latching at the hospital and they kept her in for a week with mum as she lost weight so thank god you got home!

Hope you have had a good weekend with baby James :) how is your SIL getting on btw? She not due soon too ? xxxxxx

SIL due 1st December, so 6 days time!

She had her little boy 12 days early so we all kind of expected bub to be here by now.

I blatantly reckon girl, can't wait actually - if it is a little girl I can indulge my urges to buy little girl things :lol:

Expressing is hard going as you have all the extra 'work' - James is asleep and I now need to sterlise breast pump and express his next feed (instead of napping myself) but I am determined to give him as much breast milk for as long as possible!

Be it a week, a month or beyond I will express for as long as I can!

xxxxxxx

She had her little boy 12 days early so we all kind of expected bub to be here by now.

I blatantly reckon girl, can't wait actually - if it is a little girl I can indulge my urges to buy little girl things :lol:

Expressing is hard going as you have all the extra 'work' - James is asleep and I now need to sterlise breast pump and express his next feed (instead of napping myself) but I am determined to give him as much breast milk for as long as possible!

xxxxxxx

Good to hear SIL is doing well I thought she would have went too as you had mentioned!

Well done your like a wee Trojan with feeding napping and even sorting dinner yesterday just make sure you are looking after you a swell it can be easy to forget about you when there is a scrumptious wee baby about LOL.

xxxxxxx

A tip with breast pump. Put it in the fridge after each session in a plastic freezer bag. Then sterilize only once per day. Those are the instructions they gave me from the hospital and that's how I did it :)

A tip with breast pump. Put it in the fridge after each session in a plastic freezer bag. Then sterilize only once per day. Those are the instructions they gave me from the hospital and that's how I did it :)

Excellent tip Hope. Many thanks

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

Was just going to leave the same tip as hope. I don't use a ziplock bag, as I have a fridge just for breast milk. I just chuck it in the fridge after every session and wash/sterilise once a day.

Technically - breast pump & bottles for breast milk don't need sterilised, as breast milk doesn't have bacteria in it (whereas formula does). I didn't in the early days. Now I just have a cold water steriliser that I chuck bottles etc into throughout the day.

Get yourself an old boobtube, or tubigrip and cut two holes for your nipples - hey presto, hands free expressing - I've only just done this and the difference is incredible. you can eat and drink while expressing! Or you can feed and express at the same time.

Get yourself onto the exclusively expressing thread too!

I actually find expressing and bottle feeding a lot less stressful than breastfeeding!

Also, once you are in the swing of things, you will take your pump out with you and use BFing facilities to pump while out and about, just like you would BF - thats what I do.

I promise you that it does get easier, when you are up at 3am expressing and want to give up, remember that :hugs:

I've been going 11 weeks now, and I've got into a good rhythm with it - so if you need some tips or a vent, feel free to get in touch x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back