Fresh Start

Tryingagain Em

Reaction score
Hi ladies

This is my first post on this website. Its taking a lot of courage for me to do this as today would have been my due date. I suffered a miscarriage in September with our first. My husband has been so supportive of me and what I've felt over the last 9 months and without him I think I would have lost it big time!

I have PCOS (PolyCystic Ovary Syndrome) which I am only just being reffered for, after being diagnosed 5 years ago. "Come back when you're trying" was the doctors attitude. Well we started trying in September 2009 whilst in Las Vegas. No luck until we came back from holiday in August 2010 and found out we were expecting. I got to 9 weeks and started bleeding, which, by the time I finally got to have a scan (4 hours in a waiting room) told me I had suffered an incomplete miscarriage. "Wait 2 cycles" was the advice - well my first cycle was in November and my second in March! "Thats what PCOS can do to you". God I hate how flipant FEMALE doctors can be!

So now I'm seeing a different doctor who is referring us for both treatment for the PCOS and fertility treatment. Unfortunately we can't get an appointment until July so we're goijng to try the home ovulation kits as I wasn't even aware of them until coming on here.

So that's the start of my journey as "Tryingagain Em". Today marks the end of a chapter and the start of a new one. There will be many encounters along the way, I have no doubt. But hopefully with the love and support of a wonderful husband, and the knowledge, understanding and experience of the wonderful people on here, there will be light at the end of my tunnel.

Thanks for taking the time to read my story and please feel free to comment. I would love to have you join me on my journey.

PMA ladies xxx

Welcome hun! I too suffered a miscarriage last year in December, it was by far the worst experience I've ever had and never want to go through it again, this is me and OH's second month of TTC again after loseing our little angel.

I understand what you mean by female doctors, considering they are female they too don't seem to understand how hurtful this experience it, the thing is hun, it's what I've realised unless a women has gone through it too they can't give you support because they don't know how horrid it is.

I wish you all the luck and let's hope our next jellybeans are sticky!! xxxx

Welcome to the forum! Im sorry for your liss. I echo your thoughts on flippant female doctors. I went to mine kniwing something was wrong when I lost all my symptoms suddenly when I was 6 weeks pregnant. She said they had all been in my head anyway and refysed to do anything. Low and behold 1 week later I was in hospital bleeding and had a mc!

All the ladies on hear are really helpful and I have seen posts about PCOS so they may have advice about that!

Good Luck!

Welcome to the forum, sorry to hear of your loss. You are in good company here lots of support and advice here.

xx

sorry to hear about your loss. i wish u all the best in your TTC journey :petal: xx

I wish you all the best on your journey. This is the best place for help and advice the girls hear are lovely :)

Hiya and welcome Em :)

Sorry about your loss, but hopefully it won't be too long before you start moving forward again.

There are a few ladies on clomid and need fertility treatment in the ltttc section, so don't be a stranger ;)

Welcome you will find lots of support and help at hand here good luck to you xxx

Hi hun welcome alot of us ladies have similar experiences to you. everyone here is very supportive and always ready to listen and pick you up when your down. I hope things get moving for you x

Sorry you've had a bad time. Sadly it happens quite a lot and there are a fair few ladies here who have had the same heartache. You'll find lots of help, support and advice here. The good thing here is that there are plenty of people you can talk to about it. Sometimes I think friends and family feel awkward about talking about MC because they don't like to see you upset.

Wishing you a super sticky bean for the near future. The summer will soon be here and your appointment too :).

Also meant to say, I enjoyed reading your story. Have you thought about starting TTC Journal. Quite a few of us do it. Its nice to keep a record (and rant when you need to). Also I'm well nosey so get to it :D

Hi and welcome. I wish you all the luck on your ttc journey and Im really sorry to hear about your loss. xx

Welcome hun.. Sorry for ur loss :hugs:.. The girls on here are great and give lots of advice :).. Hopefully you wont need the treatment and concieve naturally.. Wishing you all the best x

Hi Hun, Sorry about your loss.

You will fit right in here and have the support of all the lovely women. Welcome to PF :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back