Pcos

jennilisanne

Reaction score
Hi!

I have (maybe had?!) pcos. We tried for over 18 months to concieve when we found out. I went for tests and stuff and was waiting for my next cycle to start so I could start on chlomid (is that right?!), when totally unexpectedly, I got a bfp!

We;ve been talking about ttc again, but haven't had a period since May 2010. I am still breastfeeding, but also the odd bottle and 3 solids meals a day.

Does anyone have any experience of ttc after having pcos? Hubby heard that being pregnant is a cure?!

Sorry for the ramble, lol!

Last edited:
Hi Hun I've no idea but didn't want to run and read but I do know it's not likely to happen if you breast feed??? Not sure if it's an old wives tale or not? X

As far as i'm aware there isn't a cure for PCOS. There are things they can do to help with they symptoms but you can't actually get rid of it. One of the methods of helping it is losing weight, and whilst your weight is lower your symptoms may disappear completely, but if you were to gain loads, then you'd get them all back again.

There are meds you can be given to induce a period, which may kick start your body into giving you regular ones. Your first port of call really is seeing your GP

I breastfed for 6 months and when I stopped feeding from me and just expressing my periods came back and regular... Next time I will just express the milk instead! Hope it all works out for u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back