freaked out!!!

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Max just woke up absolutely screaming and choking at the same time and he was spitting out loads of bubbly saliva! I've never ever heard screaming like it!! And the foamy saliva stuff was so weird!! Its really freaked me out! He's just taken an ounce of milk which has sent him to sleep. It kinda felt like he wasn't properly awake at first when he was screaming and spitting... Anyone got any ideas? I can't really explain how shocking and awful it was it was like he was panicking.

Worried about putting him back down now currently got him sitting upright (asleep) on me xxx

Not what you want to hear probably but that's what Tilly does and she has reflux.

I hope it's just a one off for you x

Yeah it sounds like reflux, poor thing x

I hope it was a one off!!
I left him sleeping upright on me all night and he didn't do it again but he only had one ounce again at 3am. Now he's jjust had 2oz at 5ish. Really unlike him.
Gona give it half hour then lay him down n see what happens. I so hope its not reflux but it does sound like it doesn't it :( I do have some infant gaviscon but gonna wait n see if he does it again first xxx

Poor little sausage! Hope he settled ok hun :hug: xxxxxxxx

could it have just been spit that he choked on which scared him?

He could also have been dreaming hunny, if he wasn't properly asleep cos of wind or something he might have frightened himself as Bev says

i just phoned doctor cause hes not been eating and keeps choking on his feed and doctor said its classic reflux signs. ive got one pack of gaviscon so gonna put that it 3 feeds for now... then up it to every feed if it doesnt work. doctor said to phone back tomorrow if it doesnt work as its meant to be an instant cure and if not then he wil give us the stronger stuff- think ive seen you ladies on here with them - one begins with R one begins with O ....

xxxx

Sounds like your gp is on the ball. :hug: hope the gaviscon clears it hun xxxxxxxx

ranitadine and omeprazole. yeah gaviscon should work instantly really if its going to help at all

Yup sounds like silent reflux (not silent coz they dont cry, but they call it silent coz LO isn't actually sick like vomit, its stomach acid that comes up)

My LO has severe acid reflux (silent) & he chokes on bubbly saliva, he goes blue & needs to be turned upside down & patted in the proper way to clear it, he goes un-concious afterwards, its very scary, he's been on every med under the sun, its still happening, not much docs can do. Was up at the kids hosp on Fri & consultant says, loads of babies come in with choking/going blue, and it does go away in time, gives me a bit of hope, but yeah its really hard to deal with, give me a wee PM if you want any advice

xxxxxx

Bloody hell :shock: that sounds so frightening! :hug: xxxxxxxx

omg last night was scary enough without him going blue! i knew he was really choking and panicking it was awful.

thank you ladies, im hoping the gaviscon helps but if not then yes i may PM you littlemiss as i dont know anything about reflux!

ive kept him basically upright all day too scared to lay him flat, except when ive changed his nappy n he seemed ok then. he just had 1oz of the gaviscon feed and fell asleep :s so wont know if it has actually worked til he has a big feed with it

xxxx

Getting some into him now will hopefully help him get hungry. Acid was bad enough when I was pregnant but at least I could do something about it and I knew what it was. Bless him, it must be scary for them too xxxxxxx

yeah i could tell he was scared!! poor thing. hes been ok this morning not just crying hes had quiet awake times so he cant be suffering too badly..

hoping he gets a good long sleep now and then can have a big feed with the gaviscon in a couple of hours xxxxxx

i just phoned doctor cause hes not been eating and keeps choking on his feed and doctor said its classic reflux signs. ive got one pack of gaviscon so gonna put that it 3 feeds for now... then up it to every feed if it doesnt work. doctor said to phone back tomorrow if it doesnt work as its meant to be an instant cure and if not then he wil give us the stronger stuff- think ive seen you ladies on here with them - one begins with R one begins with O ....

xxxx

I hope it works and you don't need the other meds hun.

I wonder why my effing GP won't prescribe the other meds for Tilly if he is able to? He said he couldn't when I asked him and we'd have to get them from the consultant :(

I hope it works and you don't need the other meds hun.

I wonder why my effing GP won't prescribe the other meds for Tilly if he is able to? He said he couldn't when I asked him and we'd have to get them from the consultant :(

Um, cos he's a twat?

He must be bb.

I am literally counting down the days until this appointment.

I thinks it's disgusting to make a baby wait so long. Surely he could help her and give them a go and then the consultant change the meds if need be. Makes you wonder sometimes whether these people should be doctors imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back