getting scared?

sarafet

Reaction score
aiden is just over 18 weeks now and yesterday we were playing and i kept doing funny faces to make him laugh, then i done one (stuck my tongue out and made silly noise :lol:) and he burst into tears :( like proper screaming! i gave him a cuddle and he was fine.

so we started playing again and i thought, i'll do it again, it couldn't have been that face!! so i done it and he started screaming again! :? after he calmed down again, i started thinking, how can he be scared of a face? whats brought this on??

then we were pulling faces again, and i kept smiling at him to show him i was happy and pulled the face again - smiling and speaking in a nice high voice to show him it was ok, but he started screaming again :(

i haven't tried it since, but how can he be scared of a face? where has this come from? and why is it only a specific face and noise?

I don't know but going the other way, babies seem to laugh at the most random things. Maybe he's going through a clingy phase and you don't look like his Mummy when you pull that face?

Aww wee man! I think they go through phases of this - Becky went through a phase of being terrified by Kazoos (you know the silly musical instrument) and bawled every time our nephew played with his. She went from this to finding them hysterically funny only four weeks later. My FIL was playing with her once and she was licking the glass he had his water in. He accidentally pulled it away and she bumped her lip - not enough to draw blood but it gave her a fright. For the rest of the day all he had to do was look at her and she screamed blue murder. :lol:

daftscotslass said:
My FIL was playing with her once and she was licking the glass he had his water in. He accidentally pulled it away and she bumped her lip - not enough to draw blood but it gave her a fright. For the rest of the day all he had to do was look at her and she screamed blue murder. :lol:

:rotfl: thats a shame :lol:

i hope it is just a phase, because he's usually not a strange baby, like he recognises people, and doesn't cry when a stranger talks to him etc.. i think i'll do it just now and report back :lol:

he just gave me a 'what the hell are you doing face' :lol: no crying :cheer:

so strange :?

lil miss is absolutely terrified of the hoover... she screams, shakes and has even been sick... it scares her that much. Means I cannot put the hoover on unless she is in another room (better out the house) and in my arms. It drives me mad because I can't hoover or clean my house so much now. :(

Squiglet said:
lil miss is absolutely terrified of the hoover... she screams, shakes and has even been sick... it scares her that much. Means I cannot put the hoover on unless she is in another room (better out the house) and in my arms. It drives me mad because I can't hoover or clean my house so much now. :(

i just find this so strange because as far as aidens concerned, nothing could have made him scared of that face before, i'd be really interested to see where they get these fears from :think:

Alex is terrified of the bath. Absolutely screams the place down. If he's in my arms, and I turn one of the bath taps on, he knows what it's for and he will scream and scream and scream blue murder.

Absolutely totally bizarrely though, he loves swimming pools :?

Lydia used to be the same about baths, but she's a total water baby now - you can't get her out of the bath!

When he was very little he was petrified of balloons as well, but he loves them now.
When he was younger he didn't used to mind the hoover and the hairdryer, but now he is scared of them.

Babies go through phases of being scared of one thing or another, and then they grow out of it and another phobia develops. It's normal I think.

The most random things make jake cry. I bought him one of those inflatable crawl toys and he screamed and started shaking everytime he saw it. Now he isnt phased by inflatables. He went to stay with the PILs recently and his own granddad made him cry, well it made his bottom lip quiver and he looked at me for reassurance :(
He probably doesnt think you look like his mummy with your tongue hanging out :lol:

Squiglet said:

see kyran loves the hoover he either squeals with excitement and flaps around like mad or if hes tired it makes him fall asleep.

sarafet my friends little boy is 9 days younger than my son. when she brings him over kyran gets so excited he squeals. her son absolutely hates it and cries his eyes out every time he does it.

kyran normally bursts out crying if someone sneezes close to him, he looks absolutely horrified at you then the lip quivers then the flood of tears and horrible sad sobs.

babies are strange creatures :lol:

sarafet said:
Squiglet said:

i just find this so strange because as far as aidens concerned, nothing could have made him scared of that face before, i'd be really interested to see where they get these fears from :think:

There is honestly no reason for it... she was never keen of the hoover, but she has slowly over time begun to hate it more and more and now its almost like a full blown fear...

There is this school of thought to just put it on and get her used to it... but she gets herself in such a state its just cruel to leave her like that. :(

Strangely enough we also have this toy that baa's, a sheep toy....the reason we brought it is because it used to make her laugh and giggle.. all of a sudden shes scared of that too and buries her head in my lap if we play with it :think:

Shes such a serene child, I think these sorts of noises mess with her aura :lol:

My mum's got an awful chicken thing - you turn it on and it squawks and does the birdy song (told you it was awful) and James screams blue murder when he sees it. Like Squig says, generally he's pretty chilled out so I think it's the noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back