constantly spitting out dummy

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Max enjoys using a dummy, it calms him down, he doesnt always use it but will use it random times during the day. he doesnt usually have it after his last feed as he falls asleep automatically most of the time, but during the night he wakes up for comfort and i give him the dummy and he falls back to sleep.

but he has times (like right now) that he keeps spitting it out! but when he spits it out he cries and looks for it again with his mouth.

any tips on keeping it in his mouth? or does he not want it and he wants something else. its like a game... dummy in, 10 secs later he pops it out, he cries, i put it back in, ten secs later he pops it out,cries etc and this goes on and on .

:rofl: After your last post I thought you meant your OH :rofl:

Apparently using gaffer tape is cruel so I have yet to find a way of keeping Bertie's dummy in. Albert will spit his out and then go ballistic and look at me like it's my bloody fault, he gets really angry lol. I think they think we will hold them in like a bottle so they can play with their tongue....boys are a bit thick I think lol

hahaha!

ahhh little buggers i can see him watching me intently like hahaaa this is fun

Elastic band??? Lol!! No your little guy has just found out how to play with his dummy! Unfortunately their is no way of stopping it that i know of!! Just a lot of 'dummy runs'!!!
xxxx

That's usually when they are tired James does that so I hold it in for a minute or 2 and he then drops off xxx

xxx

Its to make you exercise more! You'll be pleased to know that in a few months they find it themselves and put it back in all on their own....although my LO does have a problem at 2am and 4am at the mo!

I said to the OH just this morning that if I could invent something to keep in a babys dummy I would be a millionaire!!!!!! AJ drives me insane with it and I have tried a ton of different dummies too. xxx

Ha leanne that's so true!!

Oh well at least I know I'm not the only one !!

Xxx

I bought Sophie the bigger sized dummys by accident and one day after getting fed up I decided to try her with one of the big ones. Best decision ever as she could keep it in her mouth a lot easier! She has the mam cherry silk latex covered ones or something like that anyway.

You can try cherry dummies they're meant to be better as they're larger at the tip, tommee tippee do them in like Asda or boots. Sorry if any1s already suggested, too sleepy to read all comments x

I found, after trying many different ones, Dylan keeps the Mam dummies in easiest!

Funny though isn't it? They keep spitting them out but just you try and take one off them and they become a bloody hoover! I often pop one in to stop Bertie spitting out the infacol and trying to swap it for the bottle is like Tug of War lol

I have found my lo likes mam the best she just could not keep the tommee tippie orthodotic ones in lol I even got my friends baby on them too as she had the TT ones and her baby kept spitting them out so she tried her with ones of my lo spare mam ones and she loved it so went straight to boots to buy some lol x

Well I use the tommee tippee cherry ones? Are these the same as mam cherry ones?

The smaller ones were always worse than the cherry ones he's got a big gob lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back