freaked out!!!

I think the 2 meds you mean are - Ranitadine (zantac) and Omezrapole.

Torino - your GP can definately prescribe these. But they are very strong (for babies) and dont prescribe them unless its serious. (sometimes takes a good few visits)

Keeping baby upright is the best thing you can do. With reflux, positioning of LO is just as important as meds. Keep cot elevated too.

Send me a wee pm if you want, I feel like a reflux expert the amount of googling i've been doing last couple of months

xxxxxxxxxx

omeprazole also binds calcium so its not good to give to babies unless the good it does outweight the risk of taking it making them absorb less calcium thats why they dont like to prescribe it. if its not recommended for babies its on the gp's head if he prescribes it and some of them wont risk it

we've got omezrapole losec mups which is for babies, its normal omezrapole for adults, but even the baby stuff is still strong. There is one other medicine, cant mind the name of it but you cant get it in scotland only in england. Starts with a D i think

xxxxx

domperidone or something like that

Ah right I see.

Effing doctor. I have been 3 times about it now and he's washed his hands of it then by the looks of it.

I hope because she's gaining weight and otherwise healthy they still prescribe her the other drugs. Her poor oesophagus must be really sore with the acid etc and it is affecting her sleep. She doesn't settle very well and gets about half of the sleep she should at this age

see a diff doc or wait for consultant app

I can't believe my gp was so happy to prescribe it and yours isnt!!poor you, max has only had one day of it yyouve been dealing with this for weeks!!!

The gaviscon has possible worked he seems ok ... Don't wanna speak to soon though xxx

Ah right I see.

Effing doctor. I have been 3 times about it now and he's washed his hands of it then by the looks of it.

I hope because she's gaining weight and otherwise healthy they still prescribe her the other drugs. Her poor oesophagus must be really sore with the acid etc and it is affecting her sleep. She doesn't settle very well and gets about half of the sleep she should at this age

I had probs with my GP accepting that my LO has reflux, she was convinced that it wasn't reflux because he was actually larger than he should be weight wise & was never actually sick, she kept saying isn't reflux. Now 2 paediatricians at the kids hosp have confirmed it, they said GP's dont know enough. It turned out my LO was comfort drinking to soothe the acid/his throat & was overweight as a consequence

Its a shame coz it means your LO isn't getting the meds as you said for her poor wee throat, coz it can actually damage their throat.

xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back