FR tests and evaps **Updated with pics of tests page 2**

MissJuly10

Reaction score
I've read that FRs do not give evaps.

How is this possible??

I ask because I was sorting my bathroom out and decided to look at my tests one last time. The first one I did ages ago had a faint line on which I could definitely see. The second, I couldn't spot anything but will have another look.

It must be an evap, surely? My cheapies haven't picked anything up and they're 10miu?? x x

Last edited:
Hey hun! i'm a bit useless because never used an FR but when i got a bfp my ebay cheapies picked it up pretty early then i used a digi and that picked it up early too!

I think any of the tests can be evaps, is the line pink or grey? the ebay cheapies are terrible for evaps. fingers crossed that its your month and its a good sign the witch hasnt shown up yet.

i think they can get evaps but it just isnt as common as they r on the ebay cheapies! but not 100% sure

Thanks girls, suppose I'm clutching at straws again! At CD57 I'm getting pretty impatient lol. x

No wonder! i have long cycles too, stupid witch :(

Before i started ttc back in march i completley missed one af so cycle was like 70/80 days, got bfn's and went to doc but he just said stress blah blah blah, who knows what happens, sometimes i think my body likes to play games with me :(

FR meant to be not as common for evaps as MrsMc said. Try another maybe? Xxxx

hey miss july. i used a FR a few months ago and after testing - BFN - i put it away in a drawer, i looked at it later that day and there was a line which turned out to be an evap so it can happen on them. i really really really really hope that you get your BFP, i know this is an awful long cycle for you but try and think you are still in with a chance of a BFP at the moment - get to the docs and try and get it sorted xxxxx

Nurse26 - My last cycle was about 42 days which was hard enough but this one is almost 60 days and I'm seriously questioning my sanity. ;) I think I've been much more relaxed during this cycle so don't think my AF is put off by stress so I'm hoping the doc will just sympathise ( :p ) and do a blood test - never ever thought I'd be ASKING for a blood test, I HATE needles!! It sucks when our minds fool our bodies into symptoms etc. :( x x

SylvieGirl - I don't have any left so will see what happens in a week. I'd rather get a free blood test than spend money on tests which could give me evil evaps as well, my blood won't lie! :p x x

hey miss july. i used a FR a few months ago and after testing - BFN - i put it away in a drawer, i looked at it later that day and there was a line which turned out to be an evap so it can happen on them. i really really really really hope that you get your BFP, i know this is an awful long cycle for you but try and think you are still in with a chance of a BFP at the moment - get to the docs and try and get it sorted xxxxx

Thanks hun, I already classed it as evap when I saw it, I didn't get excited at all as well! Every day that I don't have AF, I just think I'm one day closer to a BFP lol, perhaps that's the wrong mindset to have but hey, got to be positive eh? x x

yep - deffo think positive and positive will happen - i reckon you are def in with a really good chance this month xxx

Blood test is def the way to go then. I'm sure i saw a comment somewhere from someone who said they have to do it by blood as her hcg doesn't show in her urine. Demand those tests cos you can't go on like this :hug:

Thanks girls.

I keep thinking about my sisters who both tested negative despite actually being pregnant. They got their BFPs when they were around 6-9 weeks pregnant and my cousin got BFNs and eventually was sent for a scan - she was almost 5 months pregnant! No idea how she missed that one! :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping my AF has disappeared for a reason and isn't going to come knocking at my door! :) x x

Hey Miss J,

I've done about 10 FRERs in the last few months and have never (Honestly!) had an evap line, not even a hint!

I'd really try another test and see what happens.

Keep me posted- Good Luck!

xx

Thanks hun but counted mine as evap as I did my second FR a couple of nights ago and had nothing then did a cheapie the night after and tho I swear I see a faint line (again..!) I think it's another evap! :(

Will try to get an appointment at docs asap though as hate linespotting now! Lol. x x

Yes i think you should ask for a blood test and be firm with doc don't let him fob you off with the stress thing. explain about your family having low hcg levels. I hate long cycles, well saying that they never bothered me that much before i was ttc :)

I've never seen an evap, I'm getting some cheapies soon so I'm sure I'll see one then!

xx

Nurse26 - I know, I was the same at school. I loved having half as many periods as the other girls but now I wish I was regular! :(

I checked the other FR again and both have faint lines except the last one I did looks more like an evap where the first one looks like it's got more colour. If I can I will try and get another test soon but OH has decided my cycles are normal so far due to being irregular so now he's not as frustrated. :rolleyes:

x x

Tried to get pics but camera isn't too fab with my lighting.

Anyways this is the oldest FR I took apart

testapart.jpg

And this is both tests together.

teststogether.jpg

I'm sure I had another pic so will try and find it - it was of the last FR I did.

I tried shining a light on my 1st FR to see if the line disappeared and it didn't. Still faint but visible. Not really sure what to think but will wait a bit before re-testing. x x

Bugger, I've managed to forget to save my pic! If you cant see anything with these I'll try and get another pic but have got visitors over today so can't guarantee anything. xx

Last edited:
But is it an evil evap??

I think so. :( x

P.S. When I tilt my screen back I can just about make out the line in the bottom test in the 2nd pic. I can see it better in the flesh lol. xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back