Food Poisoning...

Pudds86

Reaction score
Well I think the title says it all!! I got food poisoning from a dodgy burger I ate on Saturday night :-( it has been the most horrific few days I have ever had!

I had chronic diarrhoea all day Sunday and a bit of Monday and was violently sick on sunday. I got very lathargic and started to panic about baby so tried to call the community midwives... NO ANSWER... :wall2:bloody useless and the labour ward was constantly busy. I just wanted to know my baby was safe as movement had pretty much stopped when I was first sick.

I ended up jus calling NHS Direct and had a call back from a lovely nurse. She reassured me that my immune system would protect my little man before it protected me but she was very worried about how dehydrated I was and thought I would be in hospital on an IV if I didnt do something immediately so was put onto rehydrating fluids which were brilliant!

I am only just recovering now and had the first night of sleep:nap: last night. I am feeling much better this morning but still very weak and sore. It was honestly the scariest thing I have experienced. Its one thing having sickness and bad guts but having a little one in there moving around is another thing!

I now however... have a hemorrhoid! FFS! I have been so careful over the pregnancy not to get these and I thought you only got them from straining which I definately WAS NOT with the sickness. Its not sore or itchy just embarrassing! :whistle: Any cures?!?!?! I have ointment xxxx

I have had a few and used the germaloids cream but sudcrem worked best for me to shrink it x What a scary time hope u are feeling better now x

Gosh how horrible for you, glad you're feeling bettter. Know what you mean about not being able to get through to midwife's - i've only wanted to call twice but both times have struggled and the first time i phoned NHS direct too and the when i next saw the midwife told her and she just said 'oh you must keep phoning us'!! I just wanted some reassurance not to spend hours listening to a phone ring!

It just kept diverting and telling me they werent available. What a pain in the arse. I thought if I was truly in trouble Id just have to go up there!!! x

Oh hon how horrible for u :( no experience with piles but have heard the creams work well x x x

Blimey you could have done without that at your stage of pregnancy!

Glad the NHS lady was helpful with the rehydration stuff and that your feeling better now.

baby will be out soon, hope that pile runs off asap after birth!

Me too... I am dreading pushing him out now because if it hasnt gone by then its going to be gruesome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back