Sea sickness!

mouse9210

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I went on holiday last week - we got the ferry down to Guernsey so we could have a week of relaxing before the LO arrives....

Had a very rough journey over and most people were vomiting - including my OH and me. But as soon as we got off the boat I felt fine - just sea sickness.

But on the way back, the sea was dead calm and flat, and yet I still got sea sickness (I have been sailing all my life and never got sick on a boat before) - I blame the LO - she clearly doesn't have sea legs!!! lol

Anyways, I was sick again, violently actually, and felt really awful. This was Sunday evening....due to go to work on Monday, but started getting cramps on Sunday night and couldn't sleep...they were like the bottom of my bump was tightening and it was so uncomfortable I couldn't sleep. I was up at 3am googling 'what do braxton hicks feel like' lol

I didn't go into work yesterday and went to the doctor yesterday....told him about all this, plus feeling nausaus, dizzy, LO not moving much, and still getting cramps....

He said I had 'mal de deparquement' - basically sea sickness carried on from being on the boat, the sea sickness triggered an inner ear inbalance which should get better in a few days.

He also said the cramps were braxton hicks - triggered by being so violently sick and damaging the muscles above my womb....

I was just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this??

Oh and he checked LO's heart beat and all fine.

Am feeling a bit better today, but def still not right, but can't put my finger on it... :(

Oh dear! Glad LO is ok :) Can't say ive had any experience of this though xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Thanks Em, I guess it's fairly unusual! :)

My midwife just came to visit me and has asked me to count fetal movements - anything less than 10 per day and I have to go into hospital to be monitored.

So far I'm up to 7 today, so fingers crossed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back