Food poisoning and BFing

Monkey

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but is it safe to BF while suffering from food poisoning? E hasn't had a bf since this morning and now I have suddenly started vomitting, from what I can only guess is food poisoning.

Yes. It'll actually help your babies immune system. There are very few things you can't breast feed through - I think septicaemia and HIV are the only ones. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Yes - i continued when in India (three times!)....the only issue is that you may not produce as much milk because of low fluid intake, but don't worry - milk flow gets back to normal....try if you can to drink as much water as you can.....easier said than done i know.

Hope you feel better soon; there are some bad bugs going around, so could be that...

I continued when was sick too, although it was a bug I had I think. Just keep drinking lots yourself if you can keep it down. Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks for the replies. I am feeling better today, thankfully. I had that little energy yesterday that my OH had to lay E beside me so I could feed her. I felt like such a bad mother :(.

Your not a bad mother! I had to do that when I was ill too, just laid on the bed, it was quite a relaxing day really as we both snoozed on and off to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back