food poisoning!

*saulino*

Reaction score
Hi

Well yesterday morning at 2am i woke up and felt nausious but tried ignoring it so i laid in bed till about 230 the feeling to :puke: got so bad i had to get up well from 230-630 i couldnt stop ide have only a 10 min break in between and my stomach was really painful.
At about 6 am Kiara woke up (which she usuallys leeps till 730ish) and she has thrown up all over herself and the crib :(
Its the first time she has thrown up too, but she was still happy so i wasnt too worried about her.
I dropped Kiara off at my dads and by the time i got to emergency i was so flushed they had ot wheel me up to maternity.
I had to get an IV after being poked 4 times by a nurse who didnt seem like she knew what she was doing :? and once i got there i felt ill again so they got me them throw up containers but i filled them just as fast as they were handing them too me so the poor nurse came running with two big bowls for me but by that time i was done, she couldnt not belive how much i was throwing up comsidering ide been doing it about 5 hours by that time. So after i stopped throwing up i was giving gravol through the IV to get ride of my nausia.
They checked baby he was fine and kept me there till my IV was done and i could go home so i was there for 5 hours . By the time i got home my body was so sore felt like i had the flu but 10 times worse and i oculdnt manage to get to sleep .
We figure it was the hotdogs we ate for dinner that made me ill , which i read we should avoid while pregnant or cook piping hot we had them on the bbq so obviously didnt cook enough :? never ever again will i eat a hotdog :puke:

I finally fell asleep at 12am after my dad brought me some tylonol and i still feel nausious today but do feel way better then i did yesterday. But am still not able to really eat have eaten a bowl of cereal and piece of toast since 36 hours ago so hoping my appetite comes back.

Sorry to go on and on had a horrible day yesterday and want to warn everyone about eating hotdogs dont want you to go through what i just did

Katrinaxx

aww huni, i know its awful isnt it,

i had it a few months ago and mistaken it for being pregnant, in fact i had food poising as well, i was so lethargic, i was worried i wasnt able to look after the kids..

hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

awwww Love, how horrible for you. Nothing worse then being ill while heavily pregnant. Glad LO is ok tho.
Get your self into bed, put ya feet up and i hope you feel better soon

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww osrry to hear that and hope your ok now :)

i had a few hotdogs yesterday on the barbe and im fine :) proper sausages not the hotdog pukey ones

Oh no - how horrible. Hope you're much better soon. Hope Kiara's OK too.

LBxx

Hi

Thanks girls, Kiara is fine i am still not feeling great trying to think of somthing to eat without me feeling ill and tried putting Kiara for a nap but she only slept 20 min and its 6 and a half hours till her bedtime so gonna be fun. Bernie is at work or else i would be able to rest.
sunshinstarst its exactly how i feel i dont have energy to do things for her and shes being really fussy today too so hoping it goes away fast . Its the first time ive ever had food poisoning its not fun!
Katrina

Aww you poor thing being so sick and having your DD sick too. That's really rotten. :hug:

Try to stick to really plain foods today, rice, mashed potatoes, bread you know the sort of thing which will not aggravate your tummy as it's bound to be tender. Don't forget to drink too. Do you have something like a glucoze drink you could have? Lucozade or something to help replace lost sugar.

Try to have a nap if your daughter sleeps at all as well. It'll help.

Big healing hugs coming your way. Take it easy. x :hug:

I am so sorry you had to go through that, i am glad you are feeling a bit better. Take care

I am so sorry you had to go through that, i am glad you are feeling a bit better. Take care

Hi

Thanks girls feeling even better today. Got a little bit of sleep but Kiara waoke up at 545am :? no idea whats up with that :)
So im very tired but am able to eat today .
Thanks again for your replies :hug:
Katrina

oooohhh I had that before, but poor you having it when PG

Have a big load of :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi

Thanks girls.
Well ive recovered from the food poisoning now this morning i woke up with a sore throat and had trouble holding down my breakfast :? I am :pray: that i am not gettign sick now its just all way too much
Katrina

Oh dear, just saw this I am glad that u r much better now, please take good care of yourself. Hope everything back to normal soon. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back