Folic acid

Missy_1983

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so hello! We have decided to try for our second child and so I've started to take folic acid like the first time. However, I've had an upset stomach for the past week. I've read this does sometimes happen but I'm wondering does this go after a while, once it gets into your system? It is a different one to the one I used before but very similar, same amount etc. I don't remember having this problem before. I'm older now so know it's important to take it but just hoping it eases! Thanks x

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Good luck ttc.
I've never herd of this happening with folic acid... It's just a vitamin :think: I'd just see how it goes I guess. A lot of food has it in especially leafy greens, so you have folic acid daily anyway and basically taking folic acid just ups the amount

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
Good luck ttc.
I've never herd of this happening with folic acid... It's just a vitamin :think: I'd just see how it goes I guess. A lot of food has it in especially leafy greens, so you have folic acid daily anyway and basically taking folic acid just ups the amount

Thanks for the reply ☺️ I had a look online and apparently it could be that, more commonly if you are having too much but it's just the recommended dose I'm having?! I've felt off all week and couldn't work out what it was but that's the only factor I can think of. Will see if it settles down this week...!

I don't know about your medical history but if you have a particular gene condition, you would be better off on Folate. Folic Acid requires more conversions from your own body to make it into it's active form - folate.

I don't know about your medical history but if you have a particular gene condition, you would be better off on Folate. Folic Acid requires more conversions from your own body to make it into it's active form - folate.

Hi, thanks for your reply. No medical issues that I know of, was fine last time I was pregnant. That's why I was a bit surprised....maybe it's unrelated....will see how this week goes! Thanks x

Any chance you could actually be pregnant yet?
The only time I would throw up in my first trimester was after taking my folic acid in the mornings. I ended up changing from one brand to another to settle my tummy.

Any chance you could actually be pregnant yet?
The only time I would throw up in my first trimester was after taking my folic acid in the mornings. I ended up changing from one brand to another to settle my tummy.

No, not when I started but I'm now taking them at night, after my biggest meal of the day and that seems to have settled my stomach xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back