folic acid for men

ChloeNat

Reaction score
Hey all went to get my folic acid this morning and the boots pharmacist told me that it can help with male fertility as well. something about increasing quality and sperm count so i got some for OH too. when i was paying i got a free tube of dissolvable energy tabs. needless to say OH decided that there was nothing wrong with him and he didn't need to take the folic acid but he took the energy tabs cos he works long hours.

what makes this so sneaky is the energy tabs have exactly the same amount of folic acid in them as the actual folic acid supplements as well as zinc which is also good for male fertility

so i got my way only he doesn't know it lol

I'm also trying out the boots conception support supplements this month

I'm in the middle of my fertile stage at the minute so I'll let you all know how it goes :)

LOL Nice one!

Yeah me and my OH are taking the pregncare conception his & her tablets and at first he was like....really do we need to take these, but after i said YES!!!! he swallowed! LOL

x

:lol: what he dont know wont hurt him lol! i have had my hubby take folic acid, he takes vitamin C & Zinc cause there really good for mens fertility, vitamin C is good for the count & Zinc is good for making sure the motility is excellent ;) It would be best if he could take these two vitamins seperate, rather than them be in the energy tablet, mens pride hey! they wont take anything. Maybe let him see this post hehehe, he might have a change of heart, there only vitamins they wont kill him tell him hahaha. Good luck huni xx

Did u know that taking zinc as part of a multi vitamin cancels out the other vitamins and supplements in the tab? So ur OH is basically just taking lots of zinc - which doesn't actually do a whole lot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Taking lots of zinc is not necessarily bad for him..

"3. Get Plenty of Zinc
According to several studies, zinc deficiency decreases male fertility, resulting in low sperm count, ejaculate volume, and sex drive. Improve male fertility by eating food sources rich in zinc, such as oysters, nuts, and lean meats. Men may also take zinc supplements."

above is taken from malefertilitysupplements site.

So even if the zinc is just cancelling out the rest.. it's still a whole lot better than taking nothing.

I think thats a old tale that zinc cancels out any other vitamins your taking, cause fertility doctors wouldnt advise men to take them if this was the case, they would be telling them to take something other than zinc.

Like chloe nat has said, Improve male fertility by eating food sources rich in zinc, such as oysters, nuts, and lean meats. Men may also take zinc supplements." My fertility doctor told me to give my husband the zinc vitamins to help boost our chances while lttc. :)

Last edited:
I didn't say it was bad for him.

Each to their own though :) docs will also tell u that cows milk is good for u when science proves otherwise.

But hey, as long as we all get our BFP's soon!! :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

when we went the docs he said it dont really matter takin abt these vitmains were taking so not bothering now :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back