• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fluid around pelvis?

sueannc

Reaction score
Hi all,
Pregnant again after 2 m/c. Went for early scan cos not sure how far gone i am.... I am only around 5 weeks... they found fluid around my pelvis ????
I asked why i would have that and doc said it could be sign of ectopic pregnancy but midwife had explained everything in scan and although there was only a thickening in uterus she said all seemed fine and i was only around 4 to 5 weeks which was why we couldnt see much!
Before scan i was asked to drink 2 jugs of water.... midwife pointed out all the water floating about in there... could this have been mistaken for the fluid?
Sorry if im sounding daft, im worried!
Thanks xxxxxx

hey,
far as I'm aware fluid in pelvis can be normal - but it can also be a sign of ectopic. Did you have bloods taken? If they suspect it they will draw blood & if the levels don't double in 2 days its very suspicious.
I had fluid in my pelvis but they could also see a mass in my right tube at 8 weeks and it was ectopic. Try not to panic hun, there coud be a number of explanations for it. If the midwife wasn't too worried then I shouldn't stress too much.
Keep positive & I've got all my fingers & toes crossed for you.
xx

I don't know much about this :(

Im hoping its just normal fluid maybe water retension or something! I wish you all the best please keep us updated...

x

Thanks, have had bloods done. waiting for results, hopefully 2morro i will know everything is ok. I hate this waiting, as all of us do! :-D Still smiling with every bit of my body crossed, and thanks again.
Good luck to all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back