Fitness in Pregnancy

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
What is everyone doing if anything to keep fit during pregnancy? I am determined to maintain some level of fitness as during my last pregnancy I developed SPD and couldnt move most of the time, maybe why I got so fat!
I am currently using an exercise bike and trying to do at least 6km a day at the moment, quite slowly at the moment due to my tickly cough.
I also want to so some pregnancy pilates, might buy a dvd or something :)
Anyone doing anything else?:eh:

first time i sat on my arse all the way thru and didnt lift a finger! no wonder i put on so much weight and had a huge baby! 2nd time i didnt specifically do anything, especially cos i had a lot of SPD type pain, physio said nothing was actually dysfunctional, but it was the same sort of pain. i found running around after a 1 year old did kinda help me keep activet ho!!

I hear you! Rosie keeps me very busy so that helps too. I have one of those bodies that unless I do vigorous exercise like running then it goes to wobble; I envy people who dont need to exercise to maintain their figures. As long as I can keep my legs strong I think it will be ok and help me during labour too :)

Ive been worrying about getting fit ready for labour. I did a 5k charity run in 2009 but after that we moved house, moved jobs and I kept up healthy eating but never found a local running route. And its been so cold Im just staying in all day, which is NOT good. I wish I had an exercise bike, nowhere to put it in this tiny rental house. Cant WAIT til my new place is ready. Do you think if I get an exercise bike once im in (march) Ill have enough time to get fit before august? or maybe I should just go to swimming classes. Cant really be bothered! lol! Im hoping I will start 'glowing' soon enough and be miss energy! :)

My bike is a York c101 and its brilliant, it hardly takes up any room at all and was cheaper to buy on Amazon £107 I think, I had it for Christmas. So convenient too in the house, I dont have to leave Rosie or go out in the cold and when it gets warmer I can start swimming again and take Rosie too :)

My last 2 pregnancies i just did a load of walking everywhere and then my pelvic floor exercises. At the moment I exercise a lot and this time around, if i am pregnant i'm going to carry on.

I bought a treadmill this weekend from eBay and i'm going to use it every day on a fairly light program, and I usually do press ups, pull ups, squats and half sits.

It took me ages to be able to do full press ups and pull ups and i'm worried if i don't keep it up i won't be able to carry on because of my extra weight :(

I walk from my desk to the canteen and my house to car, car to work then back again :rofl: I do run after a 8 month old as well but as for 'real exercise' i don't do any. I should, but i don't :oops: Good on those who are keeping fit tho, keep it up xx

I walk from my desk to the canteen and my house to car, car to work then back again :rofl: I do run after a 8 month old as well but as for 'real exercise' i don't do any. I should, but i don't :oops: Good on those who are keeping fit tho, keep it up xx

Toonlass the amount of stuff you have to do more than compensates for not doing any 'real' exercise - I take my hat off to you :)

Lol I totally agree, I don't work or have a wee baby just two smelly older ones... hence why I just work out like some loony!

Toonlass the amount of stuff you have to do more than compensates for not doing any 'real' exercise - I take my hat off to you :)

Aaaawww thanks hunny :hug: xx

I am riding everyday, plus the mucking out and general yard work and looking after the horse. although that for my body is nothing because up until Jan it was my full time job so i did 6 horses a day and now its down to just one i will prob pile on the pounds. trying to ride him for longer each day to help.

walk the dog twice a day lol does that count?

me and my mum want to start a yoga class x

me 2 :oops:. this time last year i loast 1 and half stone to get back into my size 10 clothes which i did and was v proud of but now its all goin back on again, spose its 4 a gud reason. 2 b honest i will look 4ward to trying to loose it again. hopefully by then i will do sum exxcersising 2

Well when I used to go to yoga regularly (some time ago) the instructor was really pregnant. She said the yoga was really helping her to relax and also to stay supple throughout the pregnancy - from what I heard her birth was also as straightforward as possible so it must be a good thing.

Our PTI at work ran on the treadmill til the week before her due date (and I mean flat out), faste than I can run not pregant - guess it just depends on you really.

Also, lots of people seem to do long walks when pg - that's if you're not too scared of getting caught short needing a wee! x

My OH bought me a cross trainer after I cried about being fat and wanting ot diet and go for a run. Im pretty annoyed actually cos my GP told me not to run anymore so I gave up and have since learned that you are allowed if youre used to it. Im not used ot it anymore! gah!

I go on the cross trainer for half an hour on really low resistance so that Im not over heating but my heart rate increases, I pay attention to my heart rate and slow down if i get carried away. its quite good to do in front of the tv and its such a revelation to use the timer not the calorie counter or distance when training!

I'm laughing at Toonlass's post. Me too! Except I dont walk to the canteen as my desk drawers are stuffed full of food.

hehe when im out walking or sometimes even riding i have to wee in the bushes alot ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back