First time lucky!!!!

english rose

Reaction score
Ha ha!!!!

My hubby and I started seriously ttc just this month. I have been telling myself for the past few days that there's no point in testing until if/when af was late, as it would just be a waste of money.......but curiosity got the better of me!!!

I bought a FR HPT on the way home and tested as soon as I got back. I told myself it would just be negative and at least this way I could await my af knowing the situation, and I wouldn't be quite so disappointed when the inevitable bellyache arrived......

I POAS.......the first line showed up and I thought, 'oh well that'll be it'....then gradaully (within a minute or so) the second line appeared. Fainter than the first, but pink and definitely there!!!!! BFP!!!!!

So many of my friends and family have had so much trouble ttc that I never dreamed this would happen on our first go!!!!

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, I'm still only 12dpo, and I know things don't always go to plan, but at least I know we've past the first hurdle!!!

I'm a little worried as having the odd sharp pain in tummy, but by the sounds of others' experiences this might be normal?? Worried that af will turn up anyway, and that will be the end of it!!! Anyone else had BFP then got af and BFN? Think I might re-test tomorrow/next day and see if the line gets stronger!

I've left the test on the back of the loo so my hubby finds it when he gets home and goes into the bathroom. Anyone else done it this way? I'll let you know how it goes!!

Good luck to everyone else ttc!!!

I'm off for a celebratory cuppa!

xxxxx

It hasn't quite sunk in yet, don't think it will until I see my hubby's face!!!! I keep looking at the BFP just to check it's still there!!!

Anyone got any idea how to get one of those 'My baby is now the size of an apple seed.........plum........watermelon etc' thingies? I've always wanted one of those!!!

Ha ha!

congrats hun..... Try pregnology.com or thebump.com
Good luck withtelling the fab news to the hubby xxxx

Last edited:
click on my ticker then you will go to the site to make ur own :)

congrats!! i was 12DPO when i had my :bfp: :) :yay: xx

awww hun im so happy for you! congrats i bet you give hubby the fright of his life lol xxxx

Congratualtions :)

(why the hell when i type that do i always get the l and the a mixed up :roll:)

Congratulations I'm really happy for you I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Congratulations you will have to update later on and let us know how your OH reacted, if I had done it that way I dont think my OH would even have noticed it, hes soo un-observant!!! xx

Congratulations - thats fab that its all happened so quick for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back